Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mapplewell Tyke, Feb 7, 2018.
Anyone there now?
I think Adam has probably got way too much class to do that.
Few comments on twitter. Said he’s shocked but hasn’t a bad word to say about him other than his choice of club
Said they’re pumped up for Saturday and realise they’re in a relegation battle but will survive
Really hoping this episode will fire them up, as well as it being Wednesday. Plenty of experience with Mills, Hammill, Pinillos, Yiadom, Gardner, Bradshaw to see us to 3 points. Reckon Harsley will have them absolutely buzzing. Absolutely nothing to lose so just go out and smash them wendies.
The sad thing in all this is that this saturdays programme was going to be filled with things about Mr Cryne and it’s now almost going to be totally overlooked due to a Mr P Dickheadingbottom being a bit of a dick.
Few points from tonight.
- Spoke well of Hecky, hasn't a bad word to say about him, but massively disappointed he's gone and especially to Leeds. Neither he or the players know the reasons why. Mentioned that Hecky called him personally to say he was going.
- Had plenty of contact with the owners, they've been here regular, full team had a meal with them lately. Nothing has changed Day to day for the players, business as usual.
- He and the team knows we're in a relegation battle, but knows we'll stay up as we've got plenty of quality. He will give everything to make sure we do.
- Unsure what will happen with his contract in the summer, he is going to start his coaching badges though.
- Would love to stay and end his career here. Absolutely loves the club and the area. Wants to coach the kids in the academy and then maybe one day manage us.
- He would love to be captain for us one day, said he thinks he hasn't been considered as a leader before due to his "jokey, playful" nature.
- He said Barnsley is his hometown now, loves everything about the place.
- He had offers in January from abroad, Spain was mentioned, but said he had no intention of going anywhere.
- Plenty of funny stories, mainly involving Rob Kozluk and Darren Moore.
- Regrets leaving us so soon to go to Wolves. Wishes he'd stayed longer.
- Disliked Sam Winnall when he left, but now time has moved on, he misses him and his goals.
- He doesn't like fish.
Fantastic night. He's a really funny bloke and a top, top man.
I can't believe him that's left us didn't even have the professionalism to try and explain his decision to those he left behind.
Even more shocking is someone doesn't like fish ha.
Appreciate that fact BMH but it's quite a lengthy process and you normally are required to be "attached"
to a Club for some of the levels.
Level 1 takes a month and is usually done over the weekend.
Level 2 takes anywhere between 3-6 months.
Level 3 ( UEFA B) can take 9-12 months ( a full football season).
Level 4 (UEFA A) no precise time limit, but has been known to take up to three years.
Level 5 (UEFA Pro licence) usually takes eighteen months to complete.
The total time limit could be up to five years in total and at each stage there are a set of fees to pay.
The total cost to do all five badges at current rates is around £13k.
So if he starts at the end of the season, he's going to be pushing thirty five probably when he qualifies.
He's now one of our own, adam hammill even though he's a scouser, he's now one of our own.
I like a bit of sentiment sign him up for 3 years.
Looks like a screen shot of the scifi series Fringe which I quite enjoyed watching
Did he let it slip that the call telling him that he was on his way to Leeds came on Friday?
Adam is my favourite player and a Barnsley legend. A genuine Barnsley legend.
There's plenty on here that thought the same about Heckingbottom.
Let's not forget that when Adam's stock was high in his first spell here he was off to Wolves quick enough. For which I don't blame him.
Given the backlash against PH for moving on I doubt being called "one of our own" is going to cut much ice. If at some point he were to be offered a role with a rival a lot of reds fans would turn on him in an instant just like they always do.
All true but this time when hammill returned he dragged us out of trouble and to promotion and it was his spark that did it even tho hourihane scowen etc went on and moved for the money and got the plaudits.
If we offered hammill a contract and a progression in to management and he then during that time did an hecky then that is my faith totally lost.
Its all about the context, no one be-grudged Hourihane moving to Villa:-
1) they're not a historical/local rival.
2) he did it properly with class.
Both Winnall and PH have, in the view of many, not conducted themselves in a right and proper way, hence the abuse.
I'll be disappointed if Hecky doesn't make a statement to reds fans about his move.
However, we all know he's a genuine, lifelong Barnsley fan and it annoys me, the readiness to turn and treat him as the devil incarnate.
The timing of his move wasn't ideal but I suspect he thought the timing of his possible sacking was unlikely to be ideal either.
THE BARNSLEY FC
BBS FANS FORUM
Separate names with a comma.