Another theory

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by kektyke, Nov 12, 2019.

1. kektyke

kektyke Well-Known Member

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok there has been pretty much radio silence for 4 weeks now from the club apart from that disgusting 21 word statement.

What if and it is a big if, they are looking to sell up. They wouldn't want to set someone else on the payroll but would let the new owners bring in their own man.

Probably not the case but 4 weeks in football is a long time not to have a new manager in place and no updates on progress

2. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Can't see it. They've years of assets to sell for less than market rate with no money invested.

3. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said this in the thread:

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/it...ard-or-the-ceo-on-the-following.284147/page-2

Well one of my questions was whether the owners still regard their vision for the club as workable. You would be hard pushed to find a much better head coach at bringing the players on and developing them. So what happens next? Heckingbottom was also good with young talent, progressing the Lee Johnson playbook. He couldn't do it when the best players were sold from under him. Morais failed, even with the addition of McBurnie. Daniel has now had his best players sold. Impossible to achieve the stated aim of Championship stability working like this, so logically, the owners have to modify their approach or look to exit the club, recovering what they can of their initial investment. If they were going to modify their approach one assumes that Daniel would still be here, so the only thing that makes sense to me is that they must be considering getting out of the club. If they are going to plod on like this, frustrating head coaches and fans alike, then I cease to be interested. I actually suspect that players coming here are looking towards getting out for a more lucrative deal even before they've joined us - we advertise that that is our way of working.

Kettlewell likes this.
  4. kektyke

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I said, just a theory

5. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think they'll stick around. There's nowt to be made in football ownership, everyone seems to say so.

If they've already spent the majority of their transfer kitty, are looking relegated and still aren't prepared to change tack, then they've fallen at one of the very first hurdles.

The only thing left is to sell more players in January and bring in more rookies.

Geddiswasguud and onemickybutler like this.
  6. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't be getting our hopes up.

7. arp

arpete Well-Known Member

educating the masses
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

8. arp

arpete Well-Known Member

educating the masses
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you have got it in one there mate. Then there 21 word reason will be to off set the losses incurred by relegation and rebuild the squad.....More chance of this than changing the 'plan' which obviously hasn't worked and never will if you are trying to build a team capable of success other than lower leagues.

9. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with you there. Reckon they’ll hang on til January to cash in on Woodrow then look to sell the club.

10. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The plan is to buy young, improve and sell on at a profit. A team capable of success is secondary in that the players value might increase. They're in the commodities market with players the commodity. Players like Wilks, Chaplin, Thomas, Halme, Anderson, Odour, Mowatt, Bahre, William's, Woodrow should reap a profit eventually. In that respect the "plan" might well have worked given longer than 4 months

11. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How long do we give it whist watching our team be unable to win games though?

Even if Conway gave away season tickets on the basis that were going to be an experimental club and wins will be rare, people wouldn't want to watch this.

12. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Im not disagreeing with that. They obviously dont give a toss about the fans. Success will come in spite of them not because of them. I think well end up like Charlton with owners who are rarely seen or heard

fitzytyke likes this.
  13. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly this. The division we're in is immaterial to these people it seems, you could argue that they'd prefer to be in League One as the players you listed there are more likely to flourish . We'd have never have got the money we did for Potts if we stayed in the Championship for example.

Simon De Montforte likes this.
  14. BramptonTyke

BramptonTyke Well-Known Member

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The model is set. We will sell woodrow mowatt or brown in January to balance the spreadsheet. The other two will probably go in summer to again balance the books. The rest of the squad will be assessed and sold on after the end of next years league one campaign depending on if we go up or not. Its a simple rinse and repeat exercise but aslong as you get 2 or 3 assets to sell on for 3m plus every transfer window you are in profit. Why would they leave. Were still getting same crowds we got in league one....

15. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, but for how long? You can’t possibly believe a vast proportion of ST holders will buy into what they’re selling after this embarrassment of a season plays out?
    Football is an entertainment business not like any other manufacturing/engineering business etc.
    To use the analogy of a west end show for instance, if that show kept throwing young inexperienced actors into the limelight on a Saturday night then that show wouldn’t be successful for long as everyone wouldn’t give it a second glance after a short run.
    Just the same with this unfortunate group of young inexperienced players, thrown out into the championship limelight when they clearly haven’t the footballing tools as a unit to positively entertain at this level. The plan has failed due to the owners footballing negligence for me.

MarioKempes likes this.
  16. onemickybutler

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get what you mean about preferring to be in L1 but every time we get relegated there’s a £6m shortfall to make up.
    Therefore it makes no sense not to try and consolidate in the Championship.

17. BramptonTyke

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Football is football folks will go matter what. The hardcore will go every game. It will never drop off to 4 or 5 thousand which is the only way to make a difference. All the outrage about stendal and the board but attendances have stopped exactly the same. Fickle fans soon forgot the morais abortion and were back for league one. And once we started winning every week even more came. Be exactly same next season. Fans have short memories when they smell success.....

18. onemickybutler

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wouldn’t surprise me if they drop to 5k next season. If the silence continues and Woodrow is sold followed by the inevitable relegation then I think it will happen.
    I’ve heard loads saying they won’t renew. Im angling that way myself, even after 46 years. A stance might have to be made....sadly.

Juddy G likes this.
  19. BramptonTyke

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Everyone makes that kind of stand but when the outrage dies down and optimism begins to spread everyone goes back. Folks cant keep away. What else you gonna do on a setdsy aft??

20. kektyke

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Attendances are announced and recorded on tickets sold not on how many people have actually attended. Would be interesting to see the true figures