Anyone see Hill's view on Saturday's game?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Scott, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Sco

Scott Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Check out the Rochdale website.

'Never seen a side set up who basically park the bus'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  3. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He set a few of those sides up for us away from home.

4. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yet more **** stirring from Barnsley fans about Keith. Hes was actually very complimentary of us and analysed the game exactly as I saw it too.

In summary he acknowledged that he was out thought tactically by Danny and that we deserved to win.

5. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He did say that !!! It is in his fecking interview, how is it **** stirring ? He said it ! I find it really strange that any Barnsley fan would try and blame other Barnsley fans when they quote what Hill says ? Unless you are still pining for him ?

6. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He doesn't say that. When you put quote marks you can't then say something different to what he has actually said. He even points out Rochdale used the same tactics against Leyton Orient. Ah well.

All of which is immaterial. 3 great away points. Starting to get back to having our proper team available and getting an extra man in the middle of the pitch which we've been desperate for. Hopefully we'll get to see this side for the next couple of games and convert our away from in to home points.

7. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No he didnt say that.

“The early goal supported their tactics and it’s the first time we’ve come across a team who basically park the bus. I’m not too sure if that was out of respect or fear, or maybe neither and it just happened.''

“I’m looking at Danny Wilson and his coaching staff - they’ve probably watched us and I believe they’ve come up with that formula, which was then supported by the early goal.''

He was praising Danny and admitting he was beaten by a better tactician on the day. The original post made it sound like Hill made a derogatory comment towards us.

8. madmark62

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really dont care if he is making Hill sound like a nasty man, he is in opposition to us, I detest the man and I make no bones about it. Hill is horrible and deserves as much crap as he gets. Horrible team to watch while was here too, he set Barnsley up to do exactly as he moans about , the only differenvce was his team could not keep a clean sheet.
    This forum is not for liking other teams, I was under the impression it was about Barnsley FC.
    Every other team has their own version of the BBS and every other version slates other teams off, it is the way of football.

9. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He wasn't moaning about it. He was giving us credit for it.

Your comments are very bitter and a little embarrassing.

10. madmark62

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bitter ! He took the club I have followed for 47 years and turned us into a rabble, with no hope and expectation, he did nothing to instill any pride in the club, he treated some players worse than lepers and played some of the worst football I have ever seen in all my years, he did have a few good games as well,
    he never tired of telling us we had not recent history, this coming from a man who sole claim to fame was getting Rochdale into the 3rd division ! Oh but he did have a nice line in Barbour jackets ! Horrible man.
    Yes I am bitter about his time here, about his treatment of the fans and the club in general. I also dont care what that makes you feel about me, because your love of Hill embarrasses me too.

11. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He failed as a manager at BFC but the bitter hatred you show towards him is a bit much in my opinion.

12. Whi

Whitey Guest

Standard Keith interview. 99% bang on the money, but the 1% ******** is all that folk pick up on. And rightly so. It was his downfall here. And would be if he again leaves his comfort zone of Rochdale. Because bigger clubs with bigger fanbases and richer history don't take kindly to a manager who comes out with ********. But as I say, it's a shame for him really because the interview referred to in this thread (I've watched all 16 minutes of it) is a good one, and I agree with his review of the game entirely. Except for that one comment regards us parking the bus. Because, well, we didn't. Read the match reports online, read the fan reports on here, read the Dale fans' reports. We didn't park the bus. Had we done, I'd be the first to say so. It wouldn't be shameful.
    We did though retreat a little deeper second half, soaked up their one dimensional pressure, and stung them on the break continually. There was only one likely scorer in that second 45. Us. But come on now, lets leave the Dale/Keith stuff alone for a bit. We've a game tomorrow against another side bang in form, before the visit of high flying local rivals, Bradford, live on Sky. A chance for us to show those watching that we're anything but predictable. Unlike Keith's side.

13. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    blimey!

14. dingdangblue

dingdangblue Member

99% bang on that Whitey. The last line is 1% ********. ;)

15. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    tbf whitey, he's a c0ck end. arguably the worst manager in my 25 years supporting the club. and certainly the most disrespectful. constantly using the word 'project', doesn't make him a footballing visionary.

16. Whi

Whitey Guest

In your opinion. There's at least 30 posts on this forum (guessing) from over the years where I detail my feelings on Keith. I won't be repeating them. Lets move on.

17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well i cant stand him and its nothing to do with performances on the pitch. Its because this horrible man insulted my town club and supporters at every opportunity.

His constant comments will have putfans off for years. Cost us fans forever and nearly killed our club.

18. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gi o'er...

19. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thats ********.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's a good analysis of the game overall, but Keith Hill knows 'parking the bus' is only ever used as a derogatory term in football and he did it to have a little dig. You must see that?

Like I said, rest of the interview is OK, and he does compliment Wilson's tactics, more than most managers would, presumably to prove he's not bitter, but he makes sure he gets the point over that we might have been frightened of them and we parked the bus. And he gets it in first.

We didn't. Not at all in the first half, where we took the game to them as much as the other way around, and not really in the second. Rochdale had their tails up for 20 minutes when they came out after the break, they were outplaying us, so we made sure they played their football in front of us, not in the final third. We played counter attacking football, we played it well and Keith acknowledges that later on, but that's a lot different tactic to parking the bus, which involves no attacking play at all, where as we looked more likely to extend our lead than concede an equaliser, particularly as the game wore on, even if Rochdale had slightly more possession.