Barnsley Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by #FWF, Oct 30, 2016.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

:D Sorry. I was going to post a photo of each 'Player HD' from each Championship club, showing the latest content on each one. But this forum doesn't allow you to see them big enough to see/read them properly. So I scrapped that. Then I was going to post links to them all for you to look at. But I'm sure if you're that interested you'll go have a look yourself. Or, go look to see if I'm lying in my next paragraph...

It's Sunday. Our 'day off'. Yet we have more content on our 'Player HD' than any other Championship club. Way more. In the last 24 hours we have uploaded highlights, full match replay, Hecky and Hammill post-match, Unseen Footage, Goal Cam videos x2. About 130 minutes of exclusive video content. Only Cardiff come close to matching that. Huddersfield, Norwich, Wednesday, Wigan, Forest, Blackburn, Rotherham and others I can't be arsed typing, they've between one and three videos uploaded in the last three days. Newcastle and Leeds don't have Player HD, they have their 'NUFCTV' and 'LUFCTV' respectively instead. Neither match us for content, especially unique content. Even Derby with their army of media staff can't match us.

It's about £35 a year.

That's a round of drinks in London. If you've got mates.

'the dunt know the born, sithi' :D

2. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think it's fair enough to feedback on this and ask if it can be resolved Whitey but not worth whinging about I agree.

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whitey, I get what you're saying and the vast majority of posts in this thread is positive (except Spider's but there'll always be someone) - even the op has said that he isn't actually compaining, just making an observation - but your reply has nothing to do with the opening point of the commentary being out of synch. With all due respect, what another club we don't support puts on their Player (and even how much we put on ours) is completely irrelevant to the feedback about the commentary being a few seconds out. A reply like Matt's directly explaining the reasoning and thanking for the comment is what is expected of a company in reponse to constructive feedback on a paid service. I feel that at times you take things a little too personally if it is something you are involved in. I think you need to look at it more as a customer providing feedback on an issue and address that point rather than coming across as defensive, which you sometimes do.

4. YTB

YTBFC Guest

As usual JD, I will apologise in so much as I didn't intend to come over in whatever manner you think I have. Not at all. The commentary issue was raised, and then answered by Matt. I was merely adding to the overall thread in terms of just how much content, just how much work goes into it. There are two smiley faces that start and end my post, I don't see it as defensive whatsoever. I see it as me being proud of our work and trying to show folk (such as Stahlrost) it's worth subscribing to. Or re-subscribing in his case. It's pretty clear I'm playing salesman. And why wouldn't I when our work beats our competitors? :D

Thanks for your advice though.

How's your new vocation?

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Absolutely, Al. It's been noted a couple of times now so it's something we need to nail down in future, definitely.

I wasn't accusing folk of whingeing really, I just felt like expressing just how much we produce in comparison to other clubs. But I don't work in customer service and it must show. :D

6. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apart from the Radio Sheffield commentary farce, I think it's an excellent service for the price.

Some good content, uploaded quickly. I don't get the negativity. Pretty much all positive from my point of view.

7. YTB

YTBFC Guest

That's something we've resolved too, mate. We'll be using Matt's comms feed the next time we're the FM feature game, on Player HD. So there'll be no ground-hopping.

8. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    That's excellent news, and I hope there are plans to ditch, otherwise heavily dilute Radio Sheffield commentary and content for live games.

Hats off for the increased content and speed of getting games live on there now, the one negative for me (and sadly, a considerable one) has been listening to the blunts or wendys the immediate second our game concludes, or cutting to our game just moments before kick off after a sheffield game has actually started. It feels like we're an afterthought, even a hindrance from telling all about the sheffield clubs.

But the thing that really grates is the incoherence of excitement in the voice of a commentator, describing an opposition goal. And often (though I'm sure its imagined on my part) it feels like they are rubbing it in, like their excitement is greater when we concede. Its just out of step as to what a real fan thinks and feels and wants to hear.

There was a point on saturday when the commentator was talking about us losing, when the score was 1-1 and we were attacking and coming close to scoring. It just jarred with my thoughts and the actual balance of play.

I'm delighted Matt is back involved, because Matt and Adam were real fans commentating in a way that we'd feel. Whether win lose or draw. Biased... sure... but at least through the prism of our fans eyes. And when we're faced with patronising commentary from our "sleeping giant" rivals and all the put downs on Sky, the typos and inaccurate facts in the media.... well, its just a very nice change for the bias to be our way and to feel connected to the club, to the game and to the moment with actual fans.

So well done with the extra content (more stuff with the players, or a regular captains interview would be really good) and fingers crossed Radio Sheffield get ditched or the option not to listen to them is provided.

9. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'll sort it today once I've finished my 3rd cup of tea. Do I get a Sam Winball signed jock strap for subscribing?

10. YTB

YTBFC Guest

No mate, BigLil bought them all.

11. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, but I used barnsley66's money.:D:D

12. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Update: I tried to renew, but it didn't work because I already had a previously deactivated account. I got an error message saying the DNS wobulatron could not be resolved using the usual thramble centre, because my 65 bit IPX address had become corrugated. I managed to recombine the gibbox with the bit slicer so I could once again access the Wallace tree, but it still didn't work, this time because the C++ IDE was pointing to the wrong decalcifier. That was of course easy to fix, but it still left me with some bitwise exclusive redundancy errors in the OS kernel. Usually they can be ignored, unless they become wambled, which (sadly) they had in my case. So I was stumped off a wide, and gave up.

I'll try again later and let you know what happens.

13. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Barnsley player should include on #NOTAPODCAST every month as a matter of course #youreds

14. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice one Baz :D

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for the explanation. I don't think anyone can complain in terms of content, there's been more on there this season than ever! (I wonder why that is? ;) )

The new job is fantastic thank you, loving every minute of it!

16. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Further update: I've now successfully registered. The problem was that the flange sporket had become slightly bent, so that it didn't engage properly with the flagellator. It's all sorted now by fitting a new flopping washer in the correct oriole.

Look forward to listening to the Burton commentary on Saturday. Obviously, since I'm not actually going, I'm not a proper fan.

17. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think it's a great service - don't care what anyone else thinks of it.

I live abroad so can't get to many of the games, having the highlights along with all the player interviews/press conferences with hecky are great.

It isn't expensive at all and as pointed out above, the volume of content in comparison to some clubs is far superior.

I for one am very thankful to the people who put it all together.

Keep up the good work.