BBC Bias ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tinatyke, Apr 21, 2017.

1. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Channel 4's John Snow sounds to me as though he's aTory and almost admitted it the other night, otherwise Channel 4 seems fair.

2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Fair? Dunno. But as I say pal, definitely fairest if you're looking to the TV channels regards coverage.

3. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm aware of course that SKY is owned by Murdoch. Theresa May has had a cosy little dinner with him at least twice and Paul Dacre head of the vile 'Daily Heil' has dined in Downing St as guest of the Mays.
    I find it fascinating to watch the hyperbole against Labour and the non presentation of policies.
    The spin and bias is clear to see.
    At least Channel Four exposed the Tory electoral fraud.
    CPS is currently in process of prosecuting the MPs involved.
    This is all being swept under the proverbial carpet and neither BBC or Sky have commented, it's left to Ch4 to keep it alive.
    Asfor the BBCs chief political correspondent, Laura Kuenssberg, she has been reprimanded publicly and forced to apologise because of her notable bias, Nick Robinson is another.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is no negotiate on this. The EU made it clear prior to the referendum and have done so since. The May Government have accepted this and have been pushed into the so called hard Brexit position as a result (in reality this was the only Brexit ever possible). Clearly Johnson Gove and cronies lied about this to influence people and to claim otherwise is disingenuous.

To be honest the EU debate bores me rigid I have no strong opinions either way. There are far more important issues.

5. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I commonly heard Norway and Switzerland being cited as examples (usually by Farage). Neither country in the EU. Both in the single market, both have large amounts of migration. So, I feel it is quite surprising following such a narrow level of victory, that the harshest form of exit is being offered as a landslide fait accompli.

Let's not go back in time and pretend the vague referendum question can now be interpreted to be something clear and meaningful. It was so ambiguous, as was the "debate" that ensued. It was a woeful democratic process, littered with lies and scaremongering (I'm talking all sides), not only in forming the question to start with, but the decisions that would be made off the back of it. Just about everything mentioned on all sides has since evaporated into rubbish and is conveniently trying to be brushed aside (anyone else noticed how few pictures we've seen of people in boats trying to cross the med, how few people jumping in lorries, and how few stories of refugees sat outside train stations we've seen since June?).

But anyway, it is what it is. But clear, unequivocal and straight forward, it absolutely isn't.

6. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was it not? How was that specified?

7. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Im still awaiting an expose on postal voting fraud...

8. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    Head of the BBC Trust is a former Tory MP, the head of BBC news is a Tory and the Tory Govt have continually applied pressure by suggesting the BBC ought to fund itself from subscriptions instead of preserving the licence fee. All possible reasons the BBC has a tendency to lean right more than it leans left or centrist.

One thing I thought Labour were pretty good at in years gone by, was getting a political balance in public institutions from head appointments. Since 2010, many high level appointments in such institutions have been shamelessly conservative.

tinatyke likes this.
  9. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They didn't lie, they made it clear we would be leaving the EU and all its institutions. I knew this was an outcome of leaving. Boris and Gove said we'd retain access which although is something he couldn't gaurantee, wasn't a lie.

We will be negotiating access to the single market. I know we can't have (don't want) membership because of the restraints of membership hence the hard Brexit but we will be negotiating a trade deal with the EU over the next two years.

We are trying to get access on the same terms as membership and it will be interesting to see exactly what the final deal is.

You're right though, I'm bored of it too, it's everywhere and still remains the hottest topic on here. I try to stay out of the BBS debates but sometimes I can't help getting drawn in.

10. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They're fair points but the information was available if you looked. I thought the TV debates gave very little information other than the hysteria we got from both sides however the internet and some newspapers, particularly the Telegraph and Times, were an excellent source of information. They too discredited the Norway option.

11. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyway Mk record store day. I've got the Who Quadrophnia and loads of Small Faces. Woot.

tinatyke likes this.
  12. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    By coincidence I was listening to Quadrophenia earlier this week as well as All or Nothing. Quadrophenia is still possibly the best album ever made (in my opinion of course).

Happy listening JC. Let's just hope the super reds don't spoil it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    tinatyke likes this.
  13. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolute bunkum

14. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I must have missed that option on the ballot paper.

15. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't on the ballot paper; the choice given to us was a binary one however you're a smart bloke and I'm quite sure you understood what leaving the EU meant.

16. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Tories gaining power means Austerity forever. This was one of Cameron 's dreams and was discussed at one of his Mansion House Dinners when he was PM.
    It's ideological.
    Once in they will claim they have a mandate to do whatever they like - complete the privatisation of the NHS so we will be paying for treatment, abolition of the Welfare system, fattening themselves on misery and woe, attacking the poor, the needy, the weak, continued vilification of those on benefits and demonising the poor.
    Zero hour contracts, no pensions, holidays, paid leave etc.
    The "British Bill of Rights ' will ensure there are no rights for workers.
    I just can't begin to imagine the horrors in store for us.
    Anyone who thinks that the Tories are negotiating a Brexit to benefit the people are living in cuckoo land.
    The only beneficiaries will be themselves as the system will be rigged.
    With a right wing press backing them all the way.
    We need a Revolution !

17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course the only beneficiaries will be the Tories. They are the best who have caused brexit in the first place. It is no coincidence that the areas who have voted for brexit are those who have been shafted by the Tories.

18. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Shame they have redone the soundtrack rather than the original album but I agree one of the best. Also got Ready Steady Who EP that I haven't heard in years. Still fresh.

19. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Total power to the Tories who have a proven history of destroying the north and focusing on the south. Less money guaranteed for the north. More power given to unelected bureaucrats in Westminster.

20. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    I shy away from the far right leaning media and anything that may suggest in its open paragraphs that its the beginning of a Peter Bone wet dream. I think if a represented populous were surveyed now on what they perceived exit to mean and what consequences would come from it, I'd suspect a large number wouldn't equate an exit vote to be leaving both single market and customs unions.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the voting population when trade deals are being negotiated with China, India, Brazil and other emerging countries who are very keen to have increased flow of migration to our shores, including students. The last time I checked, their populations dwarfed the combined population of the EU.