BBC Bias ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tinatyke, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a broad assumption that most people didn't do any research and voted blindly however given what we do know about the requirements of single market membership and not just EU membership I still think the vote would go the same way if there was a second referendum.

The key (but not only) factor for many who voted leave, in my opinion, was freedom of movement and this would still be the case if there was a mountain of information given and for this reason alone I don't think the outcome would change.

2. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I voted for Brexir for the simple reason that the EU is an undemocratic institution. I also considered the cost of ir, moving the parliament from Brussels to Strasbourg, plus the nepotism, viz. A failed Candidate for PM being permitted to hire both his wife and child(now an MP) tobpostions and salaries and allowances of which they could only dreamed.

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The Torygraph and Times are shamelessly blue. Somehow they both manage to be political in their Travel, home and sports sections at a weekend. Very little true independence and neutrality in the media. Such a pity Leveson turns out to have had no teeth whatsoever.

4. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I voted remain because I don't trust MP's to tell the truth and act for the benefit of the people in a fair manner. I see more protections from the EU whether elected or otherwise and welcome there scrutiny of our courts, laws and judgements. (Many more reasons too, but wanting to keep our lying politicians in check certainly was a factor)

Also note MP expenses scandal, where expenses are now claimed through central offices (and have increased year on year) and not subject to scrutiny by IPSA. The election scandal now starting to break where election spending was undeclared in key marginals, and the continued scandal of MP's conflicts of interests doing multiple jobs besides their elected jobs.

For every instance of bureaucracy in Europe, we're just as bad if not worse here. The right wing press are just ever so good at suppressing it til its convenient to reveal, if ever.

I do believe once exit happens, there will be uproar at the ensuing mess we have for a decade or more. But of course that's just my conjecture and I get no pleasure if that expectation becomes true, because I'm likely to suffer as much as everyone else.

JamDrop likes this.