Ben Williams

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by benjamoose, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just do not know when we are discussing Williams why you bring up Cavare or any other player for that ? you said he had a shocker , I say he made mistakes but did not have a shocker , we differ , but if you want to start a thread on any other player then do so, then I will offer an opinion on that thread if I feel the need to .

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I just said if cavare has the exact same game the pitch forks are out I thought he had a shocker he was our weak link when Luton realise it was exploited.

3. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps Williams did not have a shocker & therefore the pitchforks are not out for him .

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Young lad I'm sure he will have much better days than today. Was really good at posh but weak link today and rightly subbed.

5. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree that I thought he played great at Peterboro & today was a tough match for him , but its all a learning curve , he will probably have learnt more from today"s game than he did against the Posh .

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Agree 100% and I'm defiantly not writing him off.

ATYKE1 and Red CB like this.
  7. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Brilliant last week, singled out by the manager and I thought he had a decent first half hour today as well, certainly gives us something else with his pace going forward and seems to cross it well too.

For me he lost a bit of confidence when Lindsay called for a ball and Ben left it, then Lindsay never came for it and one of their lads nipped in. A few minutes later he gave away the pen and you could see he was worried about it all when the second half started.

Stendel did the right thing, got him out of the firing line and he lives and learns to fight another day with no overall damage done.

I think its great that we've got four young lads in Walton, Victor, Brown and Williams now getting good game time and I can't fathom all of the criticism tonight for players that collectively between them don't have 15 league starts.

I seem to remember another young Welsh left back's fifth league start - had a stinker at Oakwell and was subbed at half-time - one Gareth Bale!

Merde Tete, redrum and Red CB like this.
  8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No-one is expecting them to be better at this stage of their development. The criticism is that they are the cover.

9. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Started well and was really good going forwards but had a really poor spell culminating in the penalty. Second half he picked up again before losing his way and was taken off at the right time.

Felt for him a little in that he had little help from in front of him due to our formation but mainly because the experienced Lindsay offered him absolutely no support and left him exposed.

Glad that he got a good response from the fans when he was subbed, that will have done his confidence the world of good

10. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some harsh comments towards Williams and Brown, despite winning with kids against an in form team. Weird how people search for the krill of negativity in an ocean of positivity.

11. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

I was merely stating the obvious and calling it as I saw it. Regardless of what age a player is, if he’s the weak link and not having a good game by his own standards then I am entitled to my opinion as is any fan. Stendel saw this hence why he brought him off

Not slating the kid or being harsh, just calling as I saw it

12. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    By all accounts he had dream debut at the Posh and deserved to keep his place yesterday.
    Early on he put in a couple of crunching tackles but seemed to get a bit too carried away with bombing on and soon tired.
    Needs lots of guidance and support not negativity and he might just make a good un.
    Trust Daniel to bring him through.