Between Jess Varnish and Eniola Aluko

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Skryptic, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This sounds very far fetched to me. Are you talking about work, everyday life or a nightclub at 3am?

2. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly.

Thats the issue isnt it.

There are far too many people who are looking to seek offence often on behalf of other people who arent actually offended rather than taking things in the context its meant to be just to point finger and scream waycist or sexist.

Enforced over zealous political correctness is a crock of *****.

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bit of all of them but I don't think any of them make it acceptable.

Work:
    Deputy told colleague that she should get an arse like mine (besides the inappropriateness I'm not really sure how she's supposed to do that)
    Man who came to fix the photocopier told me that I've got a great bum and did I want to go on a date with him - when kids were all around us in the shared area.
    Working as a PR in Tenerife (one of those annoying people who try and make you go into their spot) - male colleagues playing a game every evening to see who can slap my arse the hardest - every chuffing evening and the one time I made a comment about it the atmosphere got a bit frosty so I carried on pretending to laugh after that as I needed to keep my job to pay for my apartment
    High school kids making comments to each other despite the fact that I try and wear long cardigans at work

Everyday life:
    Comments shouted across street/out of cars
    Men (scary enough if on their own, terrifying if a group of them) making lewd comments and following me down the street
    Thread started on BBS ;)

Nightclub at 3am:
    Men grabbing my arse upwards of 5 times a night, even when walking holding husband's hand
    Men pulling my dress/skirt up
    Men grinding against me, continuing when I tell them to stop
    A man slapping my arse over and over despite me trying to move and screaming at him to stop until a bouncer came and literally dragged him out
    Men taking pictures (on at least 5 separate occasions) in clubs/takeaways
    Men following me around the club and even from club to club

You would not believe how fcking creepy some men are. I've gone home early on many a night out because I have felt so angry or just worn out by putting up with it all.

4. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I'm sorry if that has happened to you. I find it hard to comprehend that people behave like this as I don't know anyone who would.

Don't get me wrong 99.9% of men will try and get an admiring glance in on the sly but I don't know anyone who would go further than that.

5. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does 99.99% not going further mean there's "no chance" ?

Just interested.......

6. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1. If my missus got felt up in a club with me id have ripped the lovely people throat out.
    2. Google boxing.clubs bradford. Sign up.
    First one who touches you once youve had a few lessons will be the last. Youll not even get a telling off.
    3. Women are just as bad as men. I used to do barwork,table service. When it was ladies night it was like chucking meat in a phirana tank.

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wish I didn't.

Obviously the work stuff is rare and the everyday stuff doesn't happen anywhere near as much now as it did in my late teens/early 20s. There's not been many 'out, out' nights out where I've not been physically touched if wearing a skirt/dress, even if I disregard the verbal stuff as 'flirting' and expected nightclub behaviour. The thing is though, if I do mention it people immediately either don't believe me, think I should be flattered, call me frigid, or make a joke along the exact same lines (see the cold bath comment above which is obviously completely harmless and did make me laugh but isn't that appropriate given the subject matter). Which is why women don't often speak out about it and why it probably continues.

8. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't say 99.99% wouldn't go further.

9. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry.

I just wondered if "no chance" meant more or less than 99.99% of a chance.

10. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1. I think he'd like to but he knows I can't stand violence and really would rather just walk past. I don't tell him most of the time, when he does spot it he might say something, it depends how much he's had to drink. He's not the biggest or strongest guy (that's not a complaint, just a fact) so it really wouldn't bode well for him to get in a fight.
    2. I really can't risk hitting anyone, I need a DBS for work and I'm not risking everything on some creep. Even if it's likely I'd get away with it, I'm not risking my job. Also, that's a guy's thinking, trust me, in a lot of cases if as a lass you do anything other than laugh or ignore it can turn ugly - fast.
    3. I agree with you there apart from one thing. It 100% shouldn't happen, I'm not disputing that in the slightest (I can't stress that enough) but I'd imagine you don't get the same level of fear with a woman as you do with a hulking guy. As I said though, it shouldn't happen regardless.

11. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're not normal are you?

churtonred likes this.
  12. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Back to your classic diversionary tactics I see.

I reckon there's a 99.99% chance of me being normal, within my own scale of normality. For what it's worth.

Perhaps you think there's no such chance.

13. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1. So does my missus but she gets upset she lets leash off. Call it old fashioned but i was brought up to defend the ladies i am with.
    2. Self defence. Youll not unless your laying shoe in even get a telling off. Secondly, whats more important your job pushing books about or keeping some hairy arsed blokes hands off your fanny?
    3. I worked doors at 17 when usual meatheads didnt turn up. The men were never a problem the women are. Women at a ladies night are even worse. Fat brenda from portebello estate will be playing with your **** regardless if you want her to or not.

14. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hang on - you brought your backside into this thread.

Perhaps you could advise how my cold bath comment is inappropriate.

Presumably anything beyond sympathy (for whatever is so fascinating about your particular bottom - whatever it is) is wrong.

I never agree with Conan unless it's unavoidable, but I don't know anyone either who goes wild at the sight of any particular bottom.

As for chests - Conan says there's no chance there either.

15. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said I found your comment funny but it is slightly inappropriate when someone says she gets harassed about something to then make a sexual joke about the exact same thing. Me bringing it up was very relevant to this thread, if only to show why women don't tend to speak out. Even though every single thing I have mentioned (and more) has happened, people just like to believe that those who speak out are either making it up or secretly enjoying it.

16. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That was a joke involving no touching or harassment. just the imagination -yours as it turns out.

If that upsets you, then you'll be wanting the fair sex to be going out only in a burkha.

17. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Considering the subject matter. Bit out of order tbh.

18. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How many times do I have to say that it didn't upset me and that I found it funny? I can't even begin to fathom what you meant by your last sentence.

The replies on here are completely textbook, so far there's been: sarcastic and mocking comments, a slightly insensitive joke, claims of disbelief, and an apology which wasn't needed but is appreciated. As I imagine most of the women do who speak out, I'm wishing I hadn't bothered and have come away feeling vilified despite all I have done is recount my experiences in a completely non-blaming, non-threatening way towards anyone on here.

19. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His reaction to me not just laughing like a good girl at it just proves my point further to be honest.

20. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is your mother in law Nigel Farage?

Plankton Pete likes this.