Blaming Jose.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by selby, Apr 22, 2018.

1. sel

selby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just don't get it....

He's come in taken over a squad that he can't add any quality to and generally performances from the previous regime have picked up.

We aren't getting the points on the board I know that but what more can we do with this squad lacking quality and experience at this level.

We had a chance in January to get some championship standard players in and the board chose not to do it barring Mcburnie who has scored plenty but can't do it on his own.

It's going to cost us more now to sustain the club in league 1 than it would have to invest and give us a fighting chance of stopping up this season.

2. Kex

KexbroughRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get the point around lack of quality in the squad but why has he not stuck with the same side and formation that got good results against Bristol City and Sheffield Utd? - injuries withstanding of course.

The chopping and changing of the starting 11 and the formation is something José is directly responsible for and therefore he has to take a share of the blame when the results don’t turn out positive.

Exile and Connor like this.
  3. sel

selby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When we have changed things about we have had enough chances in games to at least take a point and not been played off the park by anyone so I don't think the changing had that much of an impact.... We just haven't got the players to compete for long enough in games to get over the line with 3 points especially away from home.

Big game at forest Tuesday where we can be all but relegated if we don't win.

4. Kno

Knowlesy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me that about sums it up. We may not have agreed with his decision to change things for yesterday's game but in the event we were well in the game at half time, their keeper made 2 crucial saves and got a touch on the ball to unsettle Moore for his miss. These are fine margins for which the manager is ultimately not responsible. I think barring his first game we have played as well and been as near to winning games under Morais as we were under Heckingbottom. It would be daft to sack a manager so soon whether we stay up or down. Now we have appointed him he needs a fair chance which, for any manager, I always say is at least one summer and one full season. we often criticise teams (Leeds!) for changing managers all the time then want to do it ourselves.

ScubaTyke and selby like this.
  5. Lone Striker

Lone Striker Well-Known Member

Goalscorer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His team selections, changes of personnel, tactics, substitutions etc. are baffling.

I expect the players, notwithstanding their lack of ability in some cases, are equally bemused as to WTF is going on.

Footballers at any level benefit from clarity and stability. Mourinho’s bag carrier doesn’t provide that.

occook likes this.
  6. Kno

Knowlesy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m just not sure that it’s as bad as that. Yes he changes things around more than Hecky but nobody said the players were baffled under him and our results were essentially no different or worse. Actually we’ve played quite well in patches, including the period before half time yesterday, the players are struggling but they don’t look any more baffled to me than they did before and I can’t see any evidence for that apart from the fact we’re losing which we were doing beforehand.

7. Lone Striker

Lone Striker Well-Known Member

Goalscorer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well there appears to be plenty of evidence to many fans (and accepting we know jack all to be fair) that all is not well at the Well e.g. players doing well one game then inexplicably dropped for the next; players played out of position (in 50+ years of watching the Reds I’ve seen it so many times and it never works); players substituted when playing well and the pattern and shape completely disrupted as a result.

BTW - never said the players looked baffled - meant us mere supporters - but on reflection one or two players have looked baffled when the number board’s gone up and they’ve been taken off.

8. S.M.

S.M. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He' 100% absolutely to blame. 43 points will survive this season and it' criminal that we won' achieve it. He took over a large squad but has failed dramatically to find a winning 11.

Where's Pearson? Where's McCarthy? Where's Mahoney until last 2 games? How many games with Townsend in goal?

Jose might be a great side kick to an awesome manager with an incredibly talented squad. But it was a complete mistake to appoint him when they did. No goalkeeper in Jan and appointing him has cost them £10 mill. Hope they realise.

9. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Baffling? Really? Throwing on Bradshaw when 2-1 down to Sheff Utd so we had McBurnie, Bradshaw and Moore on the pitch at the same time and ultimately won the game, baffles you?

Crikey!

Which of his tactics baffle you exactly?

Can you actually point out any of his tactics or is it just another cliche to throw at a manager because he hasn’t won as many games as you’d like?

ScubaTyke likes this.
  10. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think anybody is blaming him for the mess we are in, we are simply saying he's a poor manager who is not improving us in anyway, just picking a team out of a hat and throwing it on the pitch hoping for the best

11. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So it was a mistake to appoint Jose but he’s 100% to blame?

Try again.

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not blaming him for where we are overall he took over a side who were in freefall bottom of the form table with 2 wins in 2 months against bottom 3 sides. Who were only out of the relegation zone because Birmingham Burton hull and Sunderland couldn't buy a win. Hull brought in some good additions in Jan started to win some games. Birmingham got a new manager form picked up. The other 2 are still not good. We have gone from bad manager to worse who looked like he pick his starting 11 from a raffle.

13. KyoteTyke

KyoteTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who else do you blame for playing our best player, premiership centre forward as a left back!!!!!!

14. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pearson and McCarthy aren’t playing and rightly so

15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

To be honest I'd rather Pearson at center back than mills. Infact I'd rather have Heather mills center back before matt mills.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    plug likes this.
  16. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ive checked this seasons stats and we haven't playedthe same reds players 2 games in succession even on the rare times we have played well for example
    Bradshaw plays 9 games scores in6 then gets dropped to the bench