Brad Potts

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyke1, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't understand why Potts is becoming a bit of a special case... Why does Hecky insist on playing him, period. And also the clubs propaganda team were on the offensive, pre Wolves, on ifollow.. The young lad who's appeared in the commentary box was talking Potts up like he was Maradona. Now he can say what he wants... but so can the paying fans. The fans are not stupid, trying to sway there opinion smells like a politician

2. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Every time, but it int as though its just one or two that's having a go... Hecky wants to be careful, playing sub stranded players week in week out. With the new ownership coming, it may cost him his job. They'll not be wanting tp pay 26 million for a relegation

3. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's playing what's realistically available. Recruitment's now out of his hands.

4. S.M.

S.M. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Potts is one of our better players, central to what Hecky is trying to do. He's got the physical attributes, gets about the pitch, puts a foot in, works hard for the team. If you look at when we played well last year, the ball came out to Watkins on the wing and thats exactly what we were doing with Potts during the first half last night. He'd definately be one of my 5 man midfield. Moncur however is struggling. I bet he's behind most in the bleep test, he shows for the ball only to pass it backwards, put that down to confidence, but he simply hasnt shown enough for me to be an automatic choice, maybe in a winning, confident side he can come back in but at moment, too weak. McGeehan is probably his replacement, and Im hoping he's up to speed soon.

The main issue with the midfield is if Williams is caught forward the defence has no protection, classic example last night for the equaliser. Im assuming Hecky is planning to play Gardner and Williams as a midfield 2 to protect the defense, which then allows Hammill, Barnes McGeehan and others to get forward.

Dont see a problem with 4-5-1, it was working fine in first half, we played it for 75% of last season, soon as the 2nd striker came on we lost control of the game.