Bradshaw about to leave?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MexboroughTyke, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The price is right, the timing couldn't be more wrong (well, I suppose it could be a week later). Turning down Millwall's prior offers shouldn't have been limited to saying it's not enough. It should have also been stated, categorically, that unless what we consider to be enough is offered by the last week in July, then no amount of money is getting him.

There is no evidence at all that he's asked for a transfer/isn't happy/wants to leave.

He's not a great forward but he's an essential cog in the gegenpress. We've won three and drawn one, scored 10 goals, concede none. I don't believe we'd have done anywhere near that well with a more skilful forward but one less likely to press the opposition defence (as almost all forwards are). The victories have been set up by the spade work done by the four forward players. There isn't a forward I've ever seen who has the tenacity, energy and stamina to harry the opposition defence like Bradshaw does. His presence makes us a much stronger team, even though his ability with the ball isn't what you'd usually want from a forward. He fits how we play right now.

Moncur can't replace him, he doesn't have the energy or the stamina. Victor is untested.

There is no evidence we have anyone lined up to replace him. However, there is no evidence that we haven't. We'll see soon enough.

Nothing appears to have changed. We'll see soon enough on that too.

2. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you are over valuing Bradshaw and also making an assumption on faster, fitter players not closing people down like he does.

I won’t argue he works hard, I’d argue running about isn’t the be all and end all.

The new player needs to fit in to the press though.

MexboroughTyke likes this.
  3. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all about the replacement for me. Losing Bradshaw without a replacement would be hugely detrimental to our promotion hopes. We're a Moore injury away from essentially playing Academy lads up front which is no use for a promotion chasing team. He is however, replaceable. He's not quick, isn't particularity strong, his hold up play is average, he's ok in the air and average at converting opportunities. His work rate appears to be his main attribute, which, for a striker in a promotion chasing team, should be replaceable. I'd rather lose him than Moore, easily, but also recognise that for our great start to continue, we must get a replacement of similar ability.

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I've never been a fan of Bradshaw, but in this system he fits.

5. Gud

GudjonFan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not sure that the relegation clauses stretch back as far as that. I got the impression they covered contracts agreed last summer.

6. Gud

GudjonFan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If he is leaving for genuine personal reasons, I don’t think we should stand in his way.

JLWBigLil likes this.
  7. Sab

Sabre-toothed Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your right, his attitude and application has been top class. That doesn't mean that he has not asked for the move, it means he is a good professional.

I do not want Bradshaw to go either, but if he does go it will be because he himself, wanted to. Therefore in that case I would rather have a player in a red shirt who was TOTALLY committed to the cause. As I say, I hope he does not go but if he does, I wish him well and thank him for giving us 100% up until his leaving.

JLWBigLil likes this.
  8. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I personally wouldn’t sell him for even 2 million at this point in time. I’d tell him to knuckle down and get on with his last year, earn himself a great contract in the summer and all part as friends.
    With a successful season with us, his stock would rise and it would be more beneficial to his family’s long term financial future.
    The other thing is, it might all be a load of pensioners but sack.
    Just my opinion like

9. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Bradshaws wife lives in London and his having his baby then let the lad go, that's more important than football and just how circumstances have turned out.

The lambasting of the club who have not said anything yet as nothing has been confirmed yet is beyond ridiculous, I'm sure Stendel will also get what's required out of Moncur etc and again all these comments regarding fitness, blowing out of arses and lazy are again rubbish as I'm sure the coaching staff won't allow it.

I'm excited to see what happens and who comes in and I wish Bradshaw and his family all the best.

Metatarsal likes this.