Bree

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by LiverpoolRed, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ''He's never going to be the sort of full back that gets forward to support the wingers. He's simply not good enough going forward to play that role'' really not true. Having watched him over the last 4 seasons that's very much James Bree strengths. He likes to go forward. He's quick and doesn't lose speed when running with the ball. Bree wants to be on the front foot. Going forward. Remember since joining the club at 13 I beleive after playing for ossett who he played for after switching from Rugby I beleive he's played in midfield up until joining the u18's Like The current u18's right back Wardle he wants to get forward.

Archey you can keep thinking backwards or listen to people like Gary Neville and embrasse the modern way.

Vaz te did get back and defend. It's vital. You don't get into the u18's without doing it. Go to watch a u18 game and listen to Chris Howarth or Martin Devaney if a winger doesn't back like Saeed or whatver.

And it's not. They do watch the better players all way through. from u18's to the first team. Hourihane looked to improve all round game. He went and watched video's of Frank Lampard.

2. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemmsy - you're not worth the argument lad

3. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'd got a reply written out.

I've deleted it as I feel we'll be going around in circles.

You need to stop picking favourites and then defending them when really, others are only trying to provide constructive criticism.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As Archey says it's difficult to discuss things with you because youl see things as you want them to be rather than as they are. By your own generous standards Kent has had 1.5 good games in months. At the minute Kent is all about himself he isn't s team player. His final decision or pass is usually the wrong one. He loses the ball in dangerous places that leave us vulnerable.

Bree works better than Yiadom behind him because he takes up better defensive positions that make up for Kent's lack of defensive application. This doesn't make it a partnership more a papering over of the cracks. We need someone like Isgrove who could turn defense into attack in seconds and who played for the team. In turn this would allow Bree to work on his own attacking game.

Hammill and Williams you are a card aren't you?

5. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like our two current full backs and feel they've taken this step up in class in their stride. For what it's worth, going forward I thought yesterday Bree's deliveries in the first half were nowhere near his usual standard, but defensively he was sound.
    If you're of that mindset, then you can pick to pieces any particular player's game to suit your own agenda. Last season a group of young lads sat a few rows behind us were booing Bree at every opportunity. When challenged about it, they said they'd paid their money so were entitled to say whatever they wanted. Also, as they never missed a game home or away, they knew more about football than anyone else as they were 'real fans'.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it's worth bearing in mind that anyone in the stands or on here putting forward their opinions are doing so as a fan, not a professional. The amount of computer games played, or football watched doesn't elevate them to that of a professional whether they like it or not. They cannot speak with that level of authority, irrespective of what their egos tell them.
    I believe this group of players and our coaching staff are giving everything for the cause. There'll be times when any one of them will make errors of judgement, or be out of form. It isn't a crime and I'm certain their severest critics also have bad days at work. It happens.
    Yesterday wasn't one of our better games, for me. But it won't suppress my anticipation for next Friday's game against Forest. We've come so far under Paul Heckingbottom and enjoyed a great deal of success. The huge improvements we've all enjoyed has bought him time and banked enough good will & credit to avoid undue criticism, in my view.

6. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I agree

7. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Defensively I thought Bree was generally sound yesterday. Going forwards, an off day. He made mistakes, but so did the 10 others who started the game. And that's my point. Players make mistakes, young, old, experienced or novice. Always have. Always will. Part of the game.

8. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't Bree play the long diagonal ball second half up to Armstrong? Cracking pass - regardless of whom.

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree was decent defensively but poor offensively in the first half.

Put two heavy crosses in from good positions that went over everyone, he also cut inside & ran into trouble but we had enough numbers back to deal with counter attack.

He did well 2nd half though. The diagonal ball to Armstrong was top quality & he put in a couple of really good crosses.

For an 18 year old kid in his first season at championship level he's doing just fine.

Can the people picking favourites in Bree & Yiadom & putting down the other give it a rest. They're all our players, support them.

It's as bad as that lad with the Hammill / Kent thing the other week.

I don't think there's a single one of our players other than Kpekawa who I'd say hasn't looked comfortable at this level.

10. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Defenders overlapping and wingers tracking back to help the full back, didn`t realise it were a new thing, I thought I`d been watching it for decades.

11. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A game of opinions, Bree named in the Times team of the day. What do football journalists know......

12. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They know no more than a football fan, in my opinion.

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Adam jackson is the only barnsley player to make the Yorkshire post team of the weekend like you say all opinions.

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And you don't have to have full backs that push on. It was only last season that Leicester won the league with two full backs who don't tend to get forward & the season before Chelsea did the same. A lot of managers are playing a system that encourages that but it's not really working. None of our top sides can defend well especially in Europe where we keep getting shown up