Brexit wheels just come off in Richmond

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Durkar Red, Dec 2, 2016.

1. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are saying to me the vote in Richmond wasn't a view on brexit , when the little girl who stood for the lib dems fought her campaign on voting against leaving the E.U. and because the vote went against your view you come up with Bullshite numbers , look debate with some one else not me.

2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No I was asking a question. You seem quite vehement that the vote was a view on Brexit - if so the Remain vote actually fell as a percentage of votes cast when compared to the referendum result.

Oh and ps you took me up on my post old love.

3. upt

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll tell you who you are your a far right UkIP supporter sithi.

4. manxtyke

manxtyke Well-Known Member

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ahahahahaha ard tha figure that one art dumbo , I vote for MHKs these days old **** but in my English voting days ive niver voted for UKIP
    Zip it zippy longstocking ahahahahaha
    HTH

5. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    what you need to realise is that people have had to turn to ukip to get their point across...17.5million voted to leave the union,dont think for one minute they were all far right nazi's.

6. upt

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never said they were all far right nazi's, and if people have to turn to UKIP to get there point across then god help this country, if people like Paul Nutjack gets a little bit of power we are really up **** creek.

7. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have overheard people here discussing sending the Poles, etc back home after the referendum result. Not saying this is a popular view, but some of the hardliners could well see this as a legitimate aim as part of or immediately after a hard Brexit. At that point, tit-for-tat retaliation comes in and the Brits in Europe could find themselves equally unwelcome.

It wouldn't be so bad, but the last conversation I overheard about removing the immigrants was while waiting for food in the local Chinese....

8. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can't 'tackle Nationalism' - what happens in Italy and Austria this weekend and in other countries in the next twelve months is out of our control.

By definition a country with a right wing Nationalist government will become insular.

9. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apologise for answering a question directed at someone else ...but my view is anyone here legally under the rules should and will be allowed to
    stay and carry on with their lives unhindered , it is unthinkable that anyone in any British Govt would do otherwise . The problem though is with the EU , May tried this week to get it sorted and off the table but Juncker wouldn't agree...no discussions until article 50 is triggered ....that is The EU playing politics with people's lives .
    There could be some big changes in Europe before and after Article 50 is triggered , already Schultz has resigned , Hollande will not be French President , this time on Monday Renzi may not be Italian Prime Minister ,which may result in Italy leaving the Euro, and the Eurosceptic right winger Hofer might be Austrian President . During the negotiation period Merkel may be gone ( although the German press seem to think she will survive , hopefully so , as in my view although she has made glaring and damaging mistakes , she is essentially a decent person and also a pragmatic politician ) and Wilders party could control Holland .
    Important stuff happening whichever way you voted .

10. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

11. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    There are around 1.2 million British born people living in another EU country, according to figures provided by the UN. Around 800,000 will be workers and their dependants. This is much less than the estimated 3.3 million people born in another EU country who now live in the UK, of which 2.1 million are working.

The EU cannot simply "deport people". Individuals countries within the EU control who comes and who goes for nationals from outside the EU and those countries within the EU are bound by free movement etc and ECHR rules/International law. We would be talking mass deportations. Seriously when has that ever happened in peace time and it would be open to legal challenges dragging on for years.? Those International laws, individual treaties and accusations of discrimination would come into play. If you are going to deport UK nationals but not do the same against Americans, Australians, Indians, Africans etc resident in the EU that would open a whole can of worms. Similarly there is no way that the UK will deport 3 milliion people 2.1 million of whom work, pay taxes etc and contribute to the country's wealth. The same can be said for UK nationals in Europe. Even we as pensioners are contributing to the economic activity of the country we are resident in. They also have laws protecting people rights. It is absolute nonsense and Junckers and Tusk are whistling past the graveyard, ie making empty threats and the media are buying into it.

12. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course it has. Thats because different countries have different ideals and cultures.
    The Eu brought countries together under a trade agreement not to assimilate them into a one state which is what junker et al are attempting to do.
    People are nationalist by nature championing their country be it sports politics trade etc.
    People are getting fed up with those in the elite championing multiculturalism as something great when in essence it appears to be nothing more than championing everyone elses culture but their own nation identity.
    People are fed up accross europe of seeing their communites get for want of a better term destroyed by mass migration.
    There is absolutley nothing wrong wanting to champion your own country, your own countrys ideals. To be patrotic without being called racist.
    Lets be right. The SNP is a nationalist party. Plaid cyrimu is a nationalist party.
    Its when it starts getting to the extremes of the political spectrum the issues arise.

13. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just really don't see the world in that way and don't know many people who do. It's quite depressing. No one is being stopped from celebrating British culture. They might get told they are by the right wing media but they're not. We shouldn't be pandering to some false notion of the past that never actually existed anyway

14. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    far right parties will never take office in this country,the voting populous being so diverse will ensure it doesnt happen.

15. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the people I know dont want their country diluting. They want Yorkshire people, Lancastrians, maybe southerners, Midlanders, to have their own identitys ,language ,foybles, whatever. As we are seeing across Europe Ze Germans ,Austrians ,French etc all want their own identity. What you want is the same as Starbucks, Mcdonalds et al now that is ****ing depressing. Nobody is pandering to the past , this is the future take a ride do something out of the ordinary for yourself ,like peel an orange then suck your fingers :cool:

16. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In what way is Yorkshire not being allowed it's own identity? Tour de Yorkshire, Yorkshire Day, Yorkshire Tea, Yorkshire Crips, Yorkshire Blue, Yorkshire CCC, God's Own Country, social media, branding, marketing everything. My non-Yorkshire mates take the **** about how Yorkshire everything is and how proud I am to be from Yorkshire.

You live in a very strange world if you think that is being diluted.

17. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought you found that type of world depressing sorry my mistake :rolleyes:

18. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, just a world where people aren't interested in integrating and experiencing different cultures.

19. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont mind experiencing different cultures, but I'm happy with mine and along with many many others of different races and cultures , don't want to integrate with another culture that is not mine. That is not to say I wont mind living alongside that race , culture as long as there is no friction easy int it...er no.
    If I decide to move to another country,culture,it is up to me to me to fit in with it, if I don't this breads resentment and distrust.
    In any major town, city, country where there has been culture clashes you will see communitys being set up, Chinatown ,Little Italy, Attercliffe, Bradford ,polish areas ,romanium areas , Luton, hundreds from different countrys , this is not integration, the world you want cannot happen,[ Burger king] and why should it . The people need to keep their identitys of their areas wherever theyre from, then we can all indulge ourselves in different things for a short time, but then return home :cool:

20. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: its a very strong pro european wealthy area

Correct