But will you press the red button

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by andytyke, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RIPA, which T May introduced, and its sequels were passed through Parliament and mostly found to be breaches of existing EU law. The plans in the manifesto for backdoors into encryption and control of the Internet are along the lines of those enjoyed by the citizens of China and North Korea. Is that totalitarian enough?

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are similarities but I was no big fan of May as Home Secretary. TPIM is possibly the biggest concern.

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looks like more idiots have hit London so not the time for this

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

4. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jeremy Corbyn is Pacifist. He has actively supported CND and voted against bombings in the Middle East.
    He's hardly likely to say that he would be prepared to kill millions of innocent people by pressing a red button
    just to win votes surely. ? I used to chat to a really friendly old Irish guy in my local in Donny. Always suspected there was something a bit " mysterious " about him. Very staunch Catholic, dressed in a long mac and wore black leather gloves and a black beret. His own daughter told us that when the National Anthem used to come on TV at the end of a nights viewing ( as it did in those days) he'd leap up and switch it off.

After he passed away his widow who was a local English lass told us that Fitzy had in his youth been an active member of the Irish Republican Army. His motivation for doing so was seeing his sister who he absolutely adored being dragged out of bed back in their home village in Ireland and being raped and covered in tar and feathers by a group of laughing Black and Tans.

I don't condone violence in any way preferring to discuss any difference of opinion whether it be with family members or anyone else for that matter in the hope we can find a solution where either party can walk away without being belittled or losing face. That's what Corbyn advocates....." Jaw Jaw not War War." i.e. get round the table and find common ground
    in an attempt to understand any grievance(s) in the hope a solution agreeable to all can be found.

The majority of us recoiled in absolute horror at the outrage perpetrated in Manchester. How could any person with an ounce of humanity therefore countenance the termination of millions of innocent lives because leaders/ politicians of other Countries are acting/ posturing in a way that we don't agree with.?

The guy on Question Time last night asking what Corbyn would do if North Korea attacked us can't be wired up right.
    Does he not think that America for one doesn't have the intelligence to know what Kim's actual Nucleur capability is and with the systems they / we have in place and given that it would take around 12 minutes for a Nucler warhead to reach Hawaii that the West and the US don't have hardware to detect counter and destroy any such threat.?

BobT and SuperTyke like this.
  5. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That quote is lifted directly from the Guardian.

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry mate this isn't a discussion after the events of tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

7. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jimmy did you ask me that question?.... if you did I apologise , I missed it or perhaps misunderstood it was directed to me.
    What I would say is that I accept people can hold views 40 years ago they no longer hold, in my view it is honourable to accept and declare you now consider you were wrong, but Corbyn is only claiming he was there for the peace process, but the funerals he attended in 1987 were several years before the peace process that brought the ceasefire's even started...had he subsequently attended funerals on all sides I could accept that argument, failure to do that suggests he is attending the funerals of the terrorists he supports, as Mallon said .
    Diane Abbott's excuse is even less worthy...just to pass it off with a bland "I've moved on...I had a different hairstyle then " without even a mention of where she has moved on to..or why.
    When several thousand people died in a pretty nasty bloody war the public deserve a proper explanation , to say ' I had a different hairstyle then' is desperately shameful.
    As to selling guns to regimes that pass them on to kill people on our streets..I'm not sure that terrorists have been killed anyone on our streets by a British manufactured firearm .
    The attacks in the UK and other places in Europe have been by home made explosives, shop bought knives, or as in Europe, the AK47 a weapon that is nothing to do with the UK.

As to grasping ...I'm not sure what I'm grasping at...Seamus Mallon, one of the most respected Catholic/ Nationalist democratic politicians of any generation, a true architect of the peace process and a man on the real coalface was clear that Corbyn was an IRA supporter...Mallon is not pro British or pro Tory, I cannot comprehend that he would make such a statement for frivolous or political reasons