Car scrappage scheme

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Thrappo Tyke, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Thrappo Tyke

Thrappo Tyke Well-Known Member

Personnel Assistant
    Thrapston, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Anyone know much about it?

I'm looking at taking advantage and getting a new Fiesta st-line x on a PCP plan but wondering how realistic is it that the scheme will continue in to next year?

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    We've a general election in December so no new policies before then. And then Brexit will take over once more and there'll be no new policies until the exit strategy is agreed. And then the real work of Brexit will begin as we negotiate new trade deals and the finer points of the withdrawal.

Whatever current regulations are in place that allows for this scheme, they're going to be around for a while.

3. cor

cornwall tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure that there is a current official car scrappage scheme in operation by the government. I was under the impression that any scheme being offered currently was by the manufacturer themselves and therefore there is no set end date for them. This will also mean that certain models of car aren't eligible due to manufacturers discretion and that they may have slightly different rules to one another over what constitutes a scrap car. This may help( especially if you're looking at a Ford.) https://www.whatcar.com/news/scrappage-scheme-latest-deals-and-offers/n15860