Carlos drem back on...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyke1, May 23, 2017.

1. Tyk

Tyke1 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He has agreed a 1 year deal at Sheff Wed.
    Winnall bench warming to continue then

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Can't understand wendy fans constant moaning about him and wanting him replaced.

The guy has got them into the playoffs for two seasons running. I know it's not worked out for them on either occasion, but if you keep knocking at the door it will eventually open.

Similar story with blunts. They moan endlessly but they've pretty much always been there or there abouts.

I know expectation comes into their logic, but expectation based on what, and if anything, how long ago?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with you but unfortunately the pigs still think it's 1994. After the past 15 years they have had they should be grateful to be in the upper reaches of the Championship, I think it could also be their disillusioned view that their owners loaded. He may be to me and you but not in the football world, his money won't last that long if they don't reach the promised land.

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The owner let it be known premiership in two years. Carlos has had two years and failed to meet his target. He's ruined proven goal scorers like Winnall and let Rhodes get away without taking a penalty against his boyhood team. He thought Nuhiu was a better option than STS with ten minutes to go. He's got six strikers all on excellent money and yet only one of them took a penalty for one reason or another. He took off his goal scorer when it was only 1-0. In the first leg he set them up negatively with them parking the bus and never looking like scoring and got away with Huddersfield not being awarded a stonewall penalty for the clip on Wells. He's spent ridiculous sums of money on wages that plenty of premiership teams don't hand out. It's clear to neutrals they need some wingers who will whip a ball in for the strikers to get on the end of, but him as manager can't see it. If I was a Wendy fan I would have wanted him gone.

Kettlewell likes this.
  5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Not a lot of room for improvement had they sacked him, and no guarantee that anyone would do a better job.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Kettlewell likes this.
  6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I get the impression that it's the usual case of a vocal minority. Since the play off defeat, I've asked my 2 cousins, Uncle, and 4 other mates who all support Wednesday, and they were hoping Carlos would stay.

He's got them onto a good thing and the consensus seems to be that although the performances aren't particularly pretty this season, you can't argue with the points tally and 18 clean sheets.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  7. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bet he ends up getting sacked mid way through this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

8. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    6th last season , 4th this time so If I was a fowl I would be hoping for 2nd next time round

must admit I cant quite understand the reason so many of them think he is doing a bad job "only" reaching the playoffs