Changing Saturday’s

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KexbroughRed, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Tel

Telboyred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Feel exactly the same. Not fully decided if I can even face going to the next home game. As a fan and season ticket holder (45 years +), I am still appalled by recent events tbh!

Old Gimmer and Redhelen like this.
  2. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting post MK.

Two workmates - ST holders for many years have not bothered with STs this season - they pay on the day if they feel like going.
    The connection between club and fans is not as strong as it used to be which may be something to do with it.

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The connection is definitely going, if not gone already; that is how it feels for me anyway.
    I've been going since the days of Allan Clarke and we've seen plenty of ups and downs, dark times and a few real highs but I have never felt so disconnected to the club as I do right now.

I feel it all started back when Hecky had players sold in January when we were just outside the playoffs - not this boards fault of course but the outcome of the same plan that we are sticking to resolutely.

The events of this week just feel like another step in a direction I don't want to go.

It will be a big decision for me in the summer. I honestly don't know what decision I will make at this point but if things continue as they are my decision will probably be a lot easier to make.

Old Gimmer and Hykehamtyke like this.
  4. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Imho i was curious of this season, i thought we would struggle and i wanted 10 to 15 games to assess the new players.
    I dont need 15 games, i saw enough in the wednesday match, to show we would struggle.
    And struggle we have, there is no where near enough quality on the pitch as we all know. We also ALL know what we need, the coaches do , the fans do and really i think the suits probably do.
    However they are unrelenting in their personal views on how this club is to go forward, while they are at the rudder.
    Unfortunately they.... with their obsession for player sales have scored short term own goals and are now embroiled in a PR disaster.
    Im not sure if this is how business is run over the pond but they have (in a relatively short time) managed to anger and disenfranchise themselves from the most important thing at the club..... the fans. Now they have a problem and no sticking plaster will mend this.
    I like the premise of the plan but to ask fans to just turn up to watch their team outplayed every week and lose because of a chronic failure (again) to listen (another important asset in business) is beyond silly.
    Fact ....these players are no where near this level .....yet. However due to the boards stubberness and inability to get 2/3 loanees in...we can see the results in front of our eyes. Only the sheer die hards will put up with this and argue our leaders are doing a good job.
    Unfortunately all we hear is how much a player is worth and how lucky we are we arent Bury or Bolton. No one talks anymore about how good a player is for our team...just how much profit we make. Its like been asked to watch bank ballance united!
    Im probably somewhat of a happy clapper but if critisism is earned then i believe in speaking my opinion and hope that our trusted owners listen and at least discuss, the stakeholders of this club's point of view.
    Football is a passionate and emotive sport from the fans point of view, we understand the idea of having to sell some of our players( and replace with decent lower level guys) to maintain our status but we have been here before....not that long ago.
    Please learn, please listen to the coaches, please, please listen to the fans. The honeymoon period is over, you owners need to get off you silent, high moral ground and give the fans something to cheer about and soon. Most of us have worked out that our league position is secondary to our bank account but we need something positive, lets face it you will need fans to renew season tickets next season to keep the bank balance in credit.

5. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bought a season pass so there’s no way I won’t go. I know it will seem different - but the players and caretaker coach deserve our support. I want to see some changes - in formation and selection. I think we should go 3 5 2. My team choice would be - Collins Diaby Andersen,Halme Wilks , Brown, Mowatt, Dougall, McGeehan, Woodrow, Chaplin: Bench: Walton. Odior, Styles, Simoes, Cavare, Sibbick, Thiam