Chuggers

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Conan Troutman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are becoming a real menace these days. It's one thing to stop you in the street and try to harangue/guilt trip you into setting up a direct debit with them, but I've now had three knocking at the door in the past three months. I can't be too hard on the Chuggers themselves as they are only dong their job, and my gripe is with whoever is instructing them to do this, but I think it's a bloody disgrace.

If I want to donate charity I will do so of my own free will not because of a knock at the door when I'm trying to watch the football.

2. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought that the government were trying to curtail this b0llocks?

3. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I left a previous company, I was headhunted to go and run a Charity Sales Force of Circa 500 employees, I refused on ethical grounds.

A colleague of mine went to work for them, they've just found out that the guy has now, after 2 years, decided that he doesn't want to do it anymore and that people have influenced him to think that he shouldn't make money from charity so he's decided to close down the operation.

He's offered his employees 1 weeks pay as severence.

It really is a shame that he didn't find his moral compass sooner, and then also when he did find it, pass some of that charity onto employees that didn't have the choice to get involved apart, apart from chugging being the only field sales job available to them?

Take the Dogs trust as an example... How long or how many of your payments does it take before a dog gets anything?

2 years!

The first 2 years goes to the company who have the contract to 'sell' in the field.

It should be ******* illegal if you ask me. You sign up thinking you are helping, when in reality upwards of 70% of what you pay goes to the directors of the subcontracting firm and then less than 20% goes to the person signing you up.

4. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Double ******* post, mother fcukerrrrrrrr.

5. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bloody hell, if you adopt a 12 year old dog it could pass away before it gets owt!

I'm sure there are plenty of stories that would put us all off giving to charity but I did hear that the Red Cross flies all its employees business class so I would fear that many more are in it for the benefits and not out of genuine support for the charity. Unlike all the honest volunteers.

6. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That should have said three in three weeks not three months.

7. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It happens with all Charities mate. Its a tough one because the charities do get more than they would if they didn't have them out in the field. The problem for me is there's Directors of said companies out there in million pound houses and driving Bentleys.

Rotten to the core.

8. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

I signed up to sponsor a jaguar but I've still not had the keys.

9. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's problem for me too. I don't have a problem with the Chuggers as such as I know they are trying to scrape a living even if it is annoying and intrusive.

10. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Just administered a will, a percentage of the residual estate was left to the Guide Dogs, as a family we send to this charity and at the time of sorting the will out we got our regular letter requesting donations so we sent the bequest via this request plus we virtually doubled the bequest, big mistake. This "charity" employ a firm to trawl through wills to see what has been left to them and then an account is opened in the name of the deceased and the donation is then credited to that account, so they contacted the solicitor who had to pass them on to me, they wanted certified copies of the will, probate, and inheritance tax forms to make sure they had received the correct amount. WTF, this is supposed to be a charity not a big business but I bet the top dog gets a fair old wedge for putting these kinds of things into operation. All donations now stopped to this "charity", in fact donations to all charities stopped. No further donations will be made to charities till I have researched them and found out how much actually goes to the charity and how much the ceo and his crew earn. I will not make a bequest in my will to any charities as I don't want my admin ( my son ) to have to pratt about following all the instructions in the book ( yes they have a rule book for bequests ) as he sorts out my will. On the other hand we sent a similar bequest to a hospital renal unit without any problem, we received a very nice thank you letter, what a difference.

11. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheggers...

...plays pop.

12. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wilson, Coco and Brewster on a badge quest no doubt.

13. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Having worked for a large software company I would never give to the big charities. I have seen how much they pay for their finance system.