Collins telling West Stand supporters to F##k off

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Least said soonest mended, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Lea

Least said soonest mended Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People are saying that the board sacked Collins in part because of posts on social media.
    I wonder how much did the foul language that Collins vented at West stand supporters in the home game with Reading play a part?

In my opinion, it was obvious that Collins was not up to the job after the first half performance at home v Portsmouth and the board should have sacked him then. If they had have done that then we may have made the top 2.

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just guesswork though.

3. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can forgive a momentary release of pent-up frustration like that far more than the lack of professionalism on Saturday when he refused to shake the Blackpool manager's hand post-game. Players and supporters react similarly at times, so its part and parcel of the game, for me, in a one-off situation. The main problem with the West Stand saga is that it will have been in full view of the directors' box, so perhaps was one of the factors they considered when deciding on his future.

Failing to carry out the basic courtesies of the game with your opponent is a far more calculated, and far less professional, course of action.

4. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you would’ve sacked him following a poor first half against the best team in the league. A game where we rallied and almost pulled the scores level. That would’ve been the most mind-boggling decision ever. At least many of those wanting him gone gave him until the middle of this very poor run we’re going through

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It won't have played any part. If it did he would have been sacked before Blackpool.

6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Really?

If we'd have sacked him then, and spent the next however many weeks looking for a replacement and bedding them in, we'd have finished mid-table at best. In my opinion.

We only lost 2 of the following 19 after that Portsmouth game, so I'd say the board are vindicated in their decision not to sack him then.

7. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly. We have turned into Wednesday.