Confirmation on why Moncur left.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Goldthorpe-Red, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Why do you keep droning on about "digs"?

Nothing in that exit statement was anywhere near a dig.

2. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On a purely footballing point of view (and imho)......i thought moncur was a very talented individual.....he could do stuff that no one else could do....he seems a lovely fella and a squad person...good to have in the dressing room.
    Unfortunately 3 coaches have failed to get the most out of him.....and i thought he was at best a 60 minute man.....which means he was probably best as an impact sub......will we miss him?.....depends how his replacement does......Luton may be able to unlock a 90 minute star...but i doubt it.
    Good luck juddy lad....and thank you.

3. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Please dont count me in as one of the many Young Nudger. I was a bit dissappointed but then Jacob Brown against Bradford happened last saturday. Come on, what a performance. If it means this lad gets a run in the side, I'm glad Potts went. He has pace, strength and a better cross. Left Oakwell with a real glow last saturday

John Peachy likes this.
  4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Thing that gets me on this is it's been quite obvious stendel has preferred bahre over moncur this season(maybe down to his work rate off the ball) but bahre has had a couple of poor performances and quite a few average ones stendel has stuck by him after those. I came on here after Donny I think and said how is bahre getting game time infront of moncur and I was shot down by many "moncurs had his chance" "moncurs a 40minute man" ect.... then as soon as we sell him all toys come out. Some want to apply for GGs job if he leaves a few keyboard chairmen on here.

5. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are all presuming that we havent seen the best of George Moncur , but maybe we have , maybe that's just the kind of frustrating player he'll always be . We'll see I suppose .

6. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I know for a fact he did actually make offers to buy homes as he made an offer on a family members'. So I don't buy the idea he only looked upon the move as temperary.

7. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Time will tell. Personally I feel he was the most gifted player at the club, most two footed. Not a winger, his best position was just behind the centre forward. That's where he got his goals from whilst at other clubs.

8. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His lack of game time could be down to fact we knew we were selling him so better to persevere with the future of the club.

GudjonFan likes this.
  9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

We didn't know we were selling him though the club contacted his agent to offer him a new deal but his agent said George would not be signing a new deal. To be fair 4 managers including his loan to posh have failed to get the best out of him very talented lad mind.

10. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He didnt buy one though. I suppose on reflection you can't read too much into him renting, except he wasn't really putting down roots. On reflection I always had an impression he wasn't settled at the club

11. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That my point once he declined the contract, perhaps they decided no point in playing him.