Conor Hourihane- "Won 8 outta 10 before today and we get boo'd at half time....."

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Watcher_Of_The_Skies, Feb 27, 2016.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A game of football is 90 minutes. You dont judge them at half time and say our performaces are getting worse.

I saw it as that wasn't great but we're more than good enough to come back and win this. Same as Bury wasn't great but if we'd have scored early it would have been a different game.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Conor Hourihane- "Won 8 outta 10 before today and we get boo'd at half time.....

Ah right. Yeah agree

3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: Conor Hourihane- "Won 8 outta 10 before today and we get boo'd at half time.....

Seems strange that the players have reacted if that's the case, seen fans booing ref at oakwell at halftime whistle and players havnt reacted .

4. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all blowing out of proportion Connor shouldn't have tweeted and the players shouldn't have re tweeted the players have had fantastic support from the fans even when we were ****, a small section by all accounts booed after a poor half so what I wouldn't but they probably like me feel we have a great chance and don't want the team to go off the boil.
    The results recently have been great but the performances a lot below what we are capable of, this could be a great thing of we hit form for the run in as well as maintaining the results.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Woo

Woodbine Member

Re: Conor Hourihane- "Won 8 outta 10 before today and we get boo'd at half time.....

Ridiculous tweet and all the others retweeting it is pathetic. Man up ffs. A few boos and they all start crying. Jeez.

6. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't there today but have been on Twitter and read the comment by Conor and seen the retweets by others in the team. Also read the supportive comments by fans.
    In my opinion, if that team were booed off by any fans then those very same fans should think about what has been achieved by this group since just before Christmas. Totally f****** pi*** Off that a small minority act and behave in the way they do. I've been to many away games over the years and I just don't understand the mentality of the one brain cell morons who go to games and get pi**ed up, moan at the first opportunity and expect us to play like Barcelona every week. Whilst this group of players have mad me feel proud of my team again I'm fuming that we have the idiots who potentially could affect our relationship with the players. It's an embarrassment ...font size 72 in bold in capital letters.
    This is a proper spleen vent from me......and I don't hold with all this " they're pro footballers and they should be able to take it"......nor do I hold with the "we've paid our money so we entitled to boo if we want" ....absolute bollix.

1. They're young men wearing our shirt representing our town playing their hearts out every firkin week. They are responsible for bringing us all together. If I'd had 8 weeks out of 10 of superb high level performance at work the last thing I'd expect would be criticism when I know that I was still working my nuts off.

2. If you want to boo then do it from your armchair. If you feel that a poor 45 minutes merits a round of booing then think about the effect that can have on the team. I've played football to a decent standard and had I been booed off after the run we've been on my first though would have been ......"well fook u" ....if that's how much you appreciate me what's the point of staying here?

When Conor does leave, apart from the good memories, one of his bitter memories will be getting booed off at half time at Crewe having led the team to Wembley and just outside the play offs. Whoever did boo today, if you come on this board, let us know who you are and I for one can make every effort to ignore you and your opinions. You really do make me feel sick.

7. Woo

Woodbine Member

Complete over reaction. Mountain out of a molehill. Get a grip.

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A couple of people booed the ref I didn't hear anyone booing the team though we were awfully poor. Maybe Check got the wrong end of the stick

9. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah but can yoo boo if they're not playing their hearts out?

10. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    That makes sense... :D

11. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Can the players boo the fans if they're not singing their hearts out?

12. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And breathe... :)

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Got to disagree booing a team who are on such a good run after a poor half is totally unacceptable not bothered what anyone thinks. And they have every right to post it get behind em instead of on their backs at first opportunity.

14. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Conor Hourihane- "Won 8 outta 10 before today and we get boo'd at half time.....

To be fair I thought they were booing the team

But looks as though I was wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark

So its all Thy fault then ? BOOOO

16. Woo

Woodbine Member

Wouldn't boo myself but don't really care what others want to do, it's a free country. Players in the modern era never show any loyalty to clubs or fans so this kind of bleating from highly paid ponces makes me sick. Delighted with the result, well done lads but seriously don't whinge at fans who've traveled to watch at considerable expense...

17. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It may be wonderful for your season ticket contract to include a clause requiring no criticism of the team.

However unlikely.

Until that day, we are paying for the privelege of expecting our team to do their very best.

And those that feel short changed can express their feelings, no matter how inappropriate it may seem to others.

18. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Which is fair doos but it doesn't mean no ones affected by it though does it?

19. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Never booed anyone in a Red shirt. Not even David Tuttle. Doesn't make sense to me, booing something you claim to support. :D

20. Woo

Woodbine Member

If I got paid 100k+ a year, reckon I could stomach a few boos...