Corbyn - A Serious Question

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He hadn’t a clue.

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That’s three of us now .

3. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And me :)

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I told you I couldnt vote for anyone with his soft stance on terrorism. Also the maths in his last manifesto didnt add up and the extra money couldnt be accounted for. I also don't want the railways privatised and I actually use the rail network. Theres a few more but I haven't got time for it I classed you as a decent poster but politics brings out the worst in people on here.

cudeth red and Sprotbrough Red like this.
  5. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He hasn’t got a soft stance on terrorism that’s media lies .
    His maths did add up it was scrutinised and accounted for.
    Your in a minority as regards railways and something has to be done the way the profits are bagged into shareholders pockets and no investment and chais on the railways surely .
    And I also had you down as a decent poster till you said I was calling you and labelling you just because I asked you to name policies .

6. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Main reason Corbyns policies cannot live up to scrutiny is that by hammering the so called wealthy in the country with tax hikes will as predicted by the IFS lead to changes in behaviours of that group. Whether that be early retirement, leaving the country etc.. So the UK will become a race to the bottom with it's economy dwindling due to the knock on impact of these tax policies. We just end up a poorer nation over time. Labours promises of an extra £48.6bn per year in tax revenue is pure fiction, hate the word put a proper unicorn.

Then another one of Labours policies around the minimum wage of £10 will ultimately lead to a rise in unemployment when small business cannot afford to continue to pay for current staffing levels. Many students who enjoy taking advantage of a zero hours contract will be impacted by a an outright ban on such. This should be optional not a ban.

Re-introduction of maintenance grants and abolition of tuition fees. Multiple impacts, firstly because of the unicorn £48.6bn per year in extra tax promised which won't happen..

Majority of independent analysts agree with the who manifesto Labour stood on not being realistic. End of the day the normal working man would suffer with higher unemployment, a shrinking economy preventing any inward investment due to tax policies.

He'll never get my vote. Neither will the Tory cutters or Lib Dem jokers.

Trickster Two Six likes this.
  7. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry to add to this ongoing thread, and to only pick up on one of your points here, but how do you know ?

8. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    They Said similar when Blair introduced minimum wage .
    All have been under scrutiny and only hearsay from the press had any negatives . All scenarios and costs have been properly accosted and scrutinised .
    As for people leaving the country , they won’t all been said before . Remember Phil Collins ?

9. dartonpete

dartonpete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The circumstances surrounding Brexit are an unknown in anybody's lifetime. All parties are combusting, Labour is no different. Blaming Corbyn is nonsense . I'm a huge Corbyn fan, met him and he's a very humble man, always makes time for the little people. The country wouldn't know what hit it if they got elected, would transform it.

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just out of interest what would a ‘competent’ leader do?

From what I can see Labour (& the Tories) seem completely split between pro & anti-Brexit MP’s & on top of that Labour are split between party members that are new Labour & members that are traditional Labour.

It seems to be a completely unprecedented situation, certainly in my lifetime anyway & I don’t see how there’s an easy solution either way

11. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fact is the ordinary working man is better off under a Labour government but somehow or other this notion prevails that there will be a "race to the bottom." just because those in the higher tax earning bracket may have to pay a bit more tax.
    The major concern for me is the NHS. Friends of mine needing surgery and treatment that will be unaffordable when privatised.
    Use schools as an example. Were under LEA control., accountable to their locality. Then with academies got sort of privatised by the back door. And where is the so called choice and head teachers having autonomy? Gone because we now have academy chains with plush head offices and a lack of money in schools. Whereas the lea would have a list of supply staff this has now gone to agencies who have to take their cut

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    pompey_red, JamDrop and TonyTyke like this.
  12. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't the press, I had read those comments. Institute of fiscal studies say the manifesto doesn't add up.

13. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That’s news to me ! Suppose you have a proper link to this?

14. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its actually rustic oak, velvet lined in paul smith fabric and patrolled at night by his pet peacocks..... tis true, I assure you.... really.

tingleytyke likes this.
  15. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  16. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep. Academy chain heads and executives, plus school middle management salary keeps rising and rising. This has to come from school budget though, no more government funding.

See May's leaving legacy, 2.75% for teachers, but no further money for schools. So the teachers get paid at the expense of the education of the kids they're paid to teach. Not blaming the teachers, just the system they're in.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its also possible to transform something by destroying it.

He'll never be PM, so its a moot point really.

18. dartonpete

dartonpete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

We shall see. Hope every right winger shares your confidence in that statement, make it all the sweeter.

19. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm not a right winger at all. Its just simple maths and balance of electoral votes. Since Labour lost the whole of Scotland and has haemorrhaged pro EU votes, it's not possible for him to be PM. If there were to be a coalition in the event of a Lib pact (not going to happen after their experience with the Cons), the price would be Corbyns removal, as we saw with Brown.

20. Spr

Sprotbrough Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't know why everybody gets so hung up and angry about politics, I've lived under numerous different parties in power be it labour, conservative or a coalition and if we are honest the only people they look after are themselves, it never makes much difference for better or worse to the average man or woman on the street, put it this way if you went to the moon for 10 years then came back without knowing who was in power you wouldn't know the difference