Corbyn v Andrew Neil

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Xerxes, May 26, 2017.

1. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Amen. Save that ******** for Holyrood. Keep voting for them, keep voting for Theresa. Pretend you're not if you want.

2. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But that's a logical fallacy. The SNP could win more seats, as they could stand in all 650. However, they only elect to stand in the 50-odd Scottish ones as they haven't a cat in hell's chance of winning in the other 600.

So they have the same chance. They just don't take it, as they know they won't win.

And as a result of doing so, they compete with the English left for anti-Tory votes, splitting the left and contributing to Tory rule, then complaining about it.

Either acknowledge that the SNP splits votes to allow Tory election to dissatisfy people and force the agenda of independence, or make it a national (UK-wide) campaign. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Menai Tyke likes this.
  3. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andrew Neil Interviews on BBC1

26 May 7pm, Jeremy Corbyn
    28 May 6pm, Nicola Sturgeon
    29 May 7:30pm, Paul Nuttall
    1 June 7pm, Tim Farron

arabian_ian likes this.
  4. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Actually no I wouldn't and was happy when Scotland opted to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

5. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty patronizing and maybe my thoughts on politics are 'basic' but all I know is that I've lived through both Labour , Tory and coalition governments .The Labour government was a disaster for the economy , basically the country was bust because of their high spend high risk strategy . If you think back, both the NHS and education were no better under Labour than what they are now . I just loved paying taxes to all the thousands of pointless quangos that appeared under Labour . What gives you the confidence to say things will be different this time ? . You're just guessing really . The armed officer wouldn't have been sat at the side of you last week and he wont be there next week , but I'm just glad he was there this week .

manxtyke likes this.
  6. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree that the 1% pay cap for public sector workers is totally wrong as it simply pushes nurses , teachers etc to agencies that pay more money . Some people would say though that there are 3 million more people in work now than under Labour , so some people must be better off .

7. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Many on zero hours contracts so probably not then. My only recollections of Tory governments are pain and misery for the masses - seemed more upbeat under Labour.

I love no pay rises so the well off get a tax cut - I don't mind people getting a tax cut per se it's just you can't say we're all in this together while making some better off while the others, the majority, suffer!

8. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Must pull you up on some of that mate. Firstly Labour didn't overspend. They were forced to bail out the banks as part of the world economic crash that those very banks caused. Yes, this was in part caused be deregulation by Labour, but that was because they were apeing Tory policy, and deregulation would have been far greater under the Tories.

In fact throughout the period before the banking crash the Tories pledged to match Labour's public spending. They were not overspending.

On public services, my experience of the NHS before 1997 and since 2010 has been considerably worse than it was under Labour. Most doctors and nurses would support that view. Labour spent years tackling the chronic underinvestment of the Thatcher years building new hospitals and schools. I didn't agree with how it was financed but it was essential.

And on tax are you really, on a clearly noticeable basis, paying less now?

Afies Dad likes this.
  9. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it can't be 'pain and misery' for the masses cos they keep getting voted in by the 'masses' .

10. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This debate is similar to a conversation of who is the best defender between Mike Flynn and Paul Gibbs. The dearth of a credible candidate leads us to debate who is better between an idealist and an elitist with no grasp of the working masses. Neither in my opinion are electable but the dearth of ability/credibility leads us to discuss which is the better of the two. The sooner an alternative to the main parties emerges that is more in touch with the masses the better. The is not a rallying call for the Lib dems either.

PLOBBY likes this.
  11. LiverpoolRed

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well actually they don't if you work out the number who are eligible to vote and the ones who actually voted for them. Voter apathy is reason they get in

12. manxtyke

manxtyke Well-Known Member

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sounds like you'll be voting conservative then cos Comrade Jezza applies to none of the above

13. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08rz3pr/the-andrew-neil-interviews-election-2017-jeremy-corbyn

Just watched and didn't think he came across well at all. First 20 minutes on subjects about IRA, NATO and Trident had him wriggling like the proverbial politician avoiding giving a straight answer. Re-nationalise by issuing 'bonds' but not acknowledging that a bond is more government debt.

We all want more investment in the NHS, schools, housing, social care etc. But where's the costing? Increase taxation of the 5%. What happens when the 5% adjust their accounting or simply bugger off.

manxtyke and MarioKempes like this.
  14. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the time of the economic crash Labour were in Government , therefore they were 'in charge' of running our country ,so to blame someone else is nonsense . The crash didn't just appear out of thin air one day or pop up like a bad penny .They ought to have stood up and taken responsibility for spending , or should I say wasting our taxes . The Tories are making a right ******** of the NHS especially the treatment of doctors and nurses, but from where I'm standing , as a service user , it's no different now to what it was then .

15. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree but if the 'masses' are suffering why the hell are the Tories getting the largest percentage of votes ? seems contradictory to me . You would think that the Tory voters would be apathetic because they think its a foregone result , and that the opposition would be more inclined to vote .

manxtyke likes this.
  16. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not blaming anyone else for carrying out deregulation, just stressing that this would have happened whoever had been in power but probably to a greater extent.

Regarding the response to the banking crisis, Brown was praised internationally for his response. At the time I felt he did the right thing too. Since the largese of the banks seems to have simply gone back to how it was I've possibly changed my mind now and would have just let them fail.

Was bailing out the banks a waste of our taxes? Good question. I don't think you'd find a Conservative arguing we shouldn't have done it though.

17. sal

salesman Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sturgeon was to have been on earlier in the week but it appears it was cancelled due to the coverage of the Manchester bombing

18. LiverpoolRed

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tide looks like it's turning ...

19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  20. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your lack of understanding of tbe reasons behind a global financial crash are pretty breathtaking.

BBBFC likes this.