Corbyn

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jun 12, 2019.

1. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hadn't read this 3 mins ago. I'm still a bit unconvinced. You could call people a %$£$ on any social media platform & it will descend to this. Some of us largely try to keep a respectful debate going.

2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well thank you Mr UTC. My form this week is terrible, but as the late great Phil Bull said: "I fear I shall never make a success of betting in the rain!" Still, Royal Ascot next week - the best meeting of the year.

As for Corbyn, I don't necessarily disagree with everything he says. But he takes it too far with his nationalisation plans for my liking. I believe in a mixed economy. His version pushes things too far and in my mind encourages an equal response from the nutters on the right. That's how we end up with the sheer stupidity of Brexit. But I think his niceness leaves him prey to manipulation by many of those associated with him, who appear to me to espouse something closing on the mad policies of Scargill. I don't want to live in a communist or Marxist state beholding to Russia or China, anymore than I don't want to be beholding to the USA - especially with the present buffoon in charge of that great country.

Anyway, my best tomorrow is Gravistas (2.40 Chester). But to be honest, you'd be a brave man to follow me in given my current form! Good luck if you're playing.