Daily star

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by BarnsleyBomber, Jan 26, 2017.

1. BarnsleyBomber

BarnsleyBomber Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dont trust them but says bree was 1.2million. Does anyone know if this is true. Says conor 2.5 mill.

2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I've seen about 182 different figures quoted for lads we've sold so far. From a variety of folk. All with one thing in common. They weren't involved in any deals that we've done.

I have no idea either.

As for other perceived issues causing some fans to stress out, I suggest you go back to previous fan forums etc and remember what was said whilst also reading Hecky's recent article. It's all in there. And then look at the table. Before perhaps looking at the state of us the last time we were at this level.

3. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I blame Whitey for selling Bree....

... during the time he worked at Morrison's

And other such cheeses.

4. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No idea but for reference the 1.4 figure was mentioned as being an initial upfront payment. That may be wrong or right. Obviously.

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've read a lot of posts on here over the last week or so and I understand the concern. We've had a brilliant year and we're in touching distance of the play-offs yet we're seeing players sold. I think the players sold so far can be replaced but I think losing Conor would be a massive blow. We're getting good money for the players but are we trading this for the chance of progression? It's brilliant to be where we are, I would just have liked to see where we could have ended up had we kept the squad together.

6. Wil

WilthorpeTyke Active Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I Can hazard a guess where we would have been if we had hung on to James Bree, Sam Winnall and probably Conor, we would end up possibly in the play-offs at best, several million pounds worse off than we will be, still with no Sam, James or Conor, and not having started the rebuilding process for next season. Don't get me wrong I would love a tilt towards the premier league, but realistically, Newcastle, Fulham and Reading and Brighton are that bit better equipped to go up.

At least this way we have a chance (with extra money in our pocket) of persuading some of the others who are out of contract soon that a contract renewal would be a good idea and the opportunity to pick up on the stated strategy with new and possibly better prospects, ready for another good season next year.