Damn cats

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, May 21, 2018.

1. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The obnoxious old **** next door, once threatened to kill our cats if they went into his garden again. Lo and behold, a few weeks later, both of them went blind. He's been six feet under a few years now (hopefully he sipped some anti-freeze himself by mistake), but we nevertheless keep our new generation of cats indoors for their own safety. You can't learn a cat to respect boundaries.

fitzytyke2 and MappRed like this.
  3. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If a dog from next door got over the fence and dropped a turd on your flowers would you be happy?

4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    FYI I don't "Think" a cat can hold it's own against certain dogs, I KNOW they can as the incident actually happened. You clearly know very little about cats. We live in rural Italy and many around here are farm cats (semi wild) and there are many feral ones which avoid humans but, if cornered, I would certainly not want to 'take on' without protective clothing and equipment.
    Domestic cats are only one step away from being wild. Furthemore dogs may have strong jaws and powerful bite but first they have to get a grip on the cat. Cats have very fast reactions, razor sharp claws, are surprisingly strong and can also bite very hard too. They can inflict a lot of damage, enough to discourage a dog from pursuing an attack. Some cats e.g. Maine Coons grow to the size of a medium/large dog and, whilst good natured, would be formidable if cornered and feel threatened (albeit they prefer 'flight rather than fight'). This is why cats and dogs are not natural enemies (in spite of cartoons etc suggesting they are) and can happily co-exist, and in the wild simply avoid each other.

Therefore, I suggest it is you who is talking "rubbish" here. Try researching a subject before you dismiss other people's comments.

PS Whilst I previously agreed with you that criticism of peoples spelling on BB posts comes across as petty, I have to point out that a bit of punctuation here and there might not go amiss as it would make your posts a bit more comprehensible or at least, easier to read.

EDIT: This is interesting and may help you understand cats vs dogs...

https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-in-a-fight-between-a-brutal-cat-and-a-brutal-dog

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bit of a manipulated stat.

It is true, because as a cat that is never allowed out will not be subjected to some of the traumas that befall some, roads, attacked from dogs/people, toxins.

The average lifespan of a person would probably be longer if they were cooped up in the same building forever, nobody would have car crashes, be attacked, etc. I would sooner have a bit of a life whilst I’m alive though.

As would the cat.

TitusMagee likes this.
  6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Our oldest must be an exception to the rule. We had him chopped and chipped at a kitten and he's always come and gone as he liked, and he's 18!

I was told that having their bits chopped off tends to stop them wandering as far though.

TitusMagee likes this.
  7. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I very much doubt that our cat would prefer it outside. It’s not that type of breed and is very much a house cat.

As for being cooped up in the same building forever she’s always going out to visit people, she lives the life of Riley.