Damp squibs ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Marlon, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Rich Tea dunking biscuits ?
    Or kings in waiting ?
    Some of our play has been sublime it’s just so frustrating knowing what we are capable of when we produce inferior performances.
    We are capable of winning this league as much as we are capable of mid table obscurity imo.
    Is it tactics ? Injuries ? Confidence ? Or inexperience ? Or a mixture ?
    I’m perplexed at the level of some the great football we have played putting teams to the sword as Oxford , Rochdale, Bradford etc as I am of the complete and utter surrender at Charlton and first half Scunny .
    Portsmouth will be the litmus test imo as far as whether we are still capable of a challenge but then I’d still be wondering if we could do it next game if we won .
    Has as been stated everyteam we play seems to deploy the gegenpress to more effect than the team that’s supposed to be coached in the blessed thing .
    Some of our players are imo playing as if they’d never played in a professional game at all let alone a third div game .
    We may be missing in certain depts but it’s no excuse for apathy which is what some players are doing imo

benjamoose likes this.
  2. Spa

Sparkfield red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am sure that most of the teams in this division had never played the gegenpress way until
    we introduced it at the beginning of the season.Now nearly every team we play brings it on
    against us and we can’t cope with it just like the teams we played at the beginning of the season.
    We surely now have to play a system to beat this or bring in players who are better at it than
    some of our players.