Danny rose to bury

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Connor, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's no hype about RNL from me, I just believe he deserves a proper chance before he's sold / released but I doubt he'll get it.

And that goes for any of the youngsters, Digby, Abbott, McHale, Bree etc

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Must admit, on the very little I've seen of both Rose and McHale, McHale looks the better prospect. Not slagging off Rose or owt, but if I were manager I'd be looking to get McHale game time ahead of Rose, which means we can afford to let Rose out on loan. Particularly as we already have (supposedly) two goal scorers in Lita and Winnall and we really need something different, not the same.

I just hope the 'Loan with a view to a permanent move' means we still have a say in Rose's future and if he does start banging them in at Bury, we can recall him. That's a risk in itself though, if he flops at Bury we may have to take him back. Dunno, none of us know how good Rose is going to be, not even Flicker and Wilson. We're taking a gamble by letting him go and they're taking a gamble by signing him. We'll see. Hope he does well whether he stays with us or not, but if he does make a proper laiker, I hope it's with us. If he's crap, I hope he belongs to Bury and they've paid us a good transfer fee before anyone finds out.

3. Whi

Whitey Guest

It's a permanent, three year deal, Jay. The 'loan with a view' thing is because it allows Flicker to include him today. Had they just signed him outright yesterday, he'd not have been able to figure until after today.

He wanted the move, by the way. He obviously doesn't think he's going to get much game time here behind Winnall, Lita, Nana, McHale, Hemmings and perhaps another, so sees a move to the favourites in L2 with a manager he knows as a good move for him. I agree with his thinking. Shame he hasn't made it here, and without the opportunities to do so in my opinion. But good luck to him.

4. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If thats reight good luck Danny boy, and lets hope we aint made a **** up here.

That feckin Lita had better sharpen his act up and start banging em in.

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Best of luck to him then. Bit of a shame he thought that though, he was picked to start the first league game. I thought that would have given him confidence that he was in the managers plans. Trying out other young lads in his position for one league cup game shouldn't make you think your chance has gone. However, as I said above, after seeing McHale on Tuesday, I thought he looked the better prospect. I'll keep an eye out on how he does at Bury. Only thing guaranteed with this transfer: if and when he scores for Bury there'll be plenty on here saying we shouldn't have sold him.

6. Whi

Whitey Guest

FWIW, I'm only going on what his Aunty said on facebook. No reason to doubt her like.

I do think it's a strange one from our point of view though. The lad looked sharp in pre season to me. Missed a few chances like, but scored against Wednesday. Then started on opening day. Was on the team photo taken on Thursday. I can only assume that Flicker came in for him yesterday and the club must have put it to Rose who's taking the chance.

Maybe Wilson will have his say on it later?

7. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I`ll say it now. We shouldn`t have sold him.

8. Whi

Whitey Guest

Lets hope Flicker offered daft money..

9. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't see it though, can you? Knowing we're a selling club n'all that ...

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

Under contract, not on the list. Must be at least £100,000 surely?

11. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would hope so, but you never know ...

12. Whi

Whitey Guest

On the bench today against Hartlepool.

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Slept on it & still ****ed off.

I hope he fires them to promotion & makes Wilson look a pillock.

I guarantee he'll score more than Winnall this season

14. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In a division below? How is that a fair comparison?

He's gone on loan. If he does well and looks like a real footballer he might come back, if not he goes there.

I just don't see why you are so upset. It must be because he's a local lad but there's no room for sentiment.

15. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's nothing to do with him been a local lad.

It's to do with not giving our academy lads a chance whether that's a Barnsley lad or a foreign kid especially when they show some promise like Rose has.

He's not coming back, it's a 3 year, done deal. If it was just a loan deal I wouldn't be annoyed.

My point is Winnall scored 23 last season in league 2, Rose drops to league 2 on loan & scores 3 in 5 yet Winnall's seen as been good enough to spend big (for us) money on yet Rose isn't even given a chance.

He gets one start & we spend the game hitting the ball long or playing it to the strikers with their back to goal which isn't Rose's game & he's judged harshly on that.

We would've made Sergio Aguero look ***** with the service Rose had last Saturday