Danny Wilson audioboo, pre Boro..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Apr 24, 2014.

1. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And o'brien would be struggling to beat a man with his knee in its current state...

Another manager would be able to reduce down injury lay off times. Also would probably sign an experienced champions league and international player. Dino zoff for example. Quality keeper with bags of experience. Because that's all it takes to be quality in some peoples eyes.

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    but thats enough to get you the sack Jay. When your expected to win the league quite clearly and that happens then it's not good enough. It's like Moyes at Manchester United. He's won 52/53 percent of the games there but thats not good enough and will get anyone the sack.

3. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's enough to get people the sack because people like you demand it.

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just give it a rest. Please.

5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading & Yeovil a waste?

Since when has going away to watch Barnsley ever been worth it results & performance wise?

6. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When Danny Wilson was last in charge?

7. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oops, and Ramage is injured too. So the team you would have been playing looks like this:

O'grady
    Jennings Mellis ? (can't play McCourt as no Cranie for right back).
    Frimpong ?
    Kennedy Nyatanga Ryan M

You might want to put a few more players in there, even Danny knows that we need 11 players. Ho ho, very clever too, I've just spotted that you purposefully put no goalie in there, so as not to pick Steele.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  8. Whi

Whitey Guest

No goalkeeper?

No Liam Lawrence?

Other than that, and your exclusion of Dawson (which I agree with) it's pretty much the same group of players that Danny has selected. That's because that's all there is to choose from. He hasn't been able to select Digby, RNL, O'Brien, Ramage, Cranie or McLaughlin at various times due to injuries. He's pissing with the **** he's got. He tried bringing in a few faces but their impacts overall have been very minimal. He's not masterminded an amazing turnaround, and so he's getting it in the neck from the same folk who didn't want him here in the first place. I understand that, it's normal behaviour.
    I wanted him here, but I'm not one for blindly defending folk, and I've questioned him at times. Just as I question or criticise any player if I feel they warrant it. Same goes for any praise I deem warranted.

Facts are, you never wanted Danny Wilson.

I never wanted Flitcroft. I gave what I thought were relevant reasons for that, but never urged him to fail.

I'm sorry that a loyal supporter of the club such as yourself is so against the manager that he feels the need to stop following BFC. You're a young lad and it'd be a shame to lose a committed reds fan. But that's your choice to make.

9. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not stopping going whitey just not going away again this season. one game,. I'll be there again in pre season thats for sure.

The managers got to take it.
    Why as Lawrence got so many games but Frimpong/ RNL/ Digby (latter two have been injured but have been fit for a period and not picked)

10. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ...and no goalkeeper why?

11. Whi

Whitey Guest

Because Lawrence has impressed the manager, be it in games/training/the dressing room/in hotels etc? I dunno. I'm just guessing. I often wonder why Dawson and Kennedy get picked. I muse over Hassell and RNL's non inclusion. I've my opinions on who should play etc and put them out there. Doesn't make me right, nor Danny. But he's the vastly experienced football manager, I'm merely a supporter with no knowledge of managing a football team. I'm currently managing a team of 10 individuals at work, when covering for sickness/holidays etc. It's something I want to do full time in the future, once I'm eligible. For the extra money I'd earn. Not because I enjoy it. I've found it hard as it goes. I'm not one for telling folk what to do, and the majority are foreign which adds to the difficulty. But I'm learning. One day I'll feel more confident.

My point is, BFC are being managed by a bloke who knows what he's doing. By all means - as a paying fan - question decisions etc. But to want your club to lose, or be relegated, or for your keeper to be sent off, just to prove a point, I don't deem that 'supporting' your club, mate. The internet is to blame. Too many folk want to be right. Or, want to be seen to be right.

I'll be at Boro on Saturday. I won't be getting my usual family freebie though. I'm paying for a ticket in the away end. It's a big old game is this, wouldn't miss it for the world. Would have been nice to see you in the crowd where you belong. Have a think about it.

You Reds.

12. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When was this period of fitness for RNL and Digby you refer to?

13. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Had frimpong played well he would have been in team . But he's played worse than rest and doesn't deserve to be in team

14. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No GK hems? Lol.

15. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A side with Frimpong clearly doesn't need one

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Glad you aren't picking the team with those two together in the centre. I didn't think Wilson should have got the job. I thought it was a soppy decision based on past glories a long time ago. However i'd love nothing more than to win our last two games, stay up and eat my words. Why don't you want the same? Be the bigger man and get behind the manager. You don't have to like the manager or the players. It's the club we support as it's the one constant. But it's those trying to do the best for us so back them and hope we do stay up.

17. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ive been on here twice today and on two occassions ive done nothing but shake my head at comments that (phil) hemsworth tyke as made. Every one is entitled to their opinion, but the comments and accusations being leveled at Danny i find (a) unwarranted and (b) becoming obsessive to say the least.
    For some time now ive thought that a lot of abuse that phil gets on here goes over the top and is not nice to read.
    However having read what ive read today i can fully understand why he provokes folk with his controversionial and continued barrage of verbal abuse towards danny wilson which only serves to create the vile and abusive hate that is then directed at him.
    whilst i dont know him personally i cant help feeling that he is the master of his own destiny and downfall.
    For the record .....i get it.........you dont like wilson

do i want to read it in almost every thread he posts ......no i dont and i guess im not alone on this one....

sorry phill but i think (a) you are wrong on many points and (b) i have got to the point of knowing that reading your posts are like a broken record and are slowly killing my enjoyment of the boads.....another big thumbs down from me again im sorry to say.