Departments

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Apr 24, 2018.

1. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Add to that the players being given completely contradictory instructions and they have no idea what is expected of them. If they try and take it on themselves they are banished.

Django likes this.
  2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It just goes against everything I’ve ever learned in over 20 years of watching football.

Just as an example look at how successful Liverpool have been since January.

Same / similar back 4 apart from a bit of rotation between Alexander Arnold & Gomez (2 young lads who can’t play every game).

Similar midfield, 3 from 5 with Henderson, Milner, Ox, Can & Wijnaldoum all rotated & then the obvious front 3.

For other more relatable examples I’d hazard a guess Warnock & McCarthy aren’t constantly changing their back 4’s or throwing players under the bus or dragging them out from the reserves.

It’s simple stuff, everyone used to playing with each other, if you have to make a change then collectively the other 9 or 10 support the 1 or 2 new players who come in to the side.

5 or 6 changes is madness. Constantly hanging players out to dry is madness. Rotating the back 4 is madness. Unless you have to do it you don’t do it.

And another point, why have Pinnock, McCarthy, Mallan, Hedges, Mahoney, Hammill, Isgrove, Knasmullner, Bradshaw etc not made appearances for the U23’s when they’ve spent time out of the squad? How on earth can players be expected to be match fit & come in from the cold & perform when they’ve been in the reserves for a few weeks?

Another example of Jose’s madness.

It all seems like a pisstake. It honestly seems like some kind of elaborate wind up. I’m looking forward to hearing the stories about him down the line when players leave & talk about their time at the club.

occook likes this.
  3. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said he'd be our club-record sale, and am not concerned about 'fessing up to that.

His distribution is terrible, though. I think his good points outweigh the bad, but his atrocious passing needs to be addressed. He might never be Gerard Pique, but he needs to improve.

4. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They don't even know their own bloody games, never mind anybody else's. We have keepers that can't save; defenders that can't tackle, mark or close down a cross; midfielders that can't tackle, track back, or create anything going forward; wide players that can't put a decent ball into the box; and strikers who can't score easy chances and who's positioning and ball control is questionable.

I take your point about a settled side, but I just don't think we have the quality. We don't have eleven players that can function as a team, to the standard required to survive in the Championship. Hence the chopping and changing. Jose has been looking for a magic bullet, but no matter how he loads it, the team only fires blanks.