Derby County Away 04/03/2017 Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RASCAL, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky ain't the worry...pressure on with needing 12-14 players in and ideally not all on 31st August!

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Aye that's my concern and going la la la and putting your hands over your eyes pretending it's not an issue like some on here won't help.

3. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It won't help in the slightest. Matter of time like till we get told that we can't say owt because we are x in the Championship. In the wider context of where we all expected to be in August getting to 50 points in Feb is a great achievement. Finishing 14-18th after being 1 point off the top six will feel like a disappointing outcome but again in the context of where e expected to be...

We have a big summer ahead of us and we cannot afford to sit back and wait.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's been a great year. I'm well happy. My ambition at the start was to finish above Burton and Rotherham the rest has been a brilliant bonus.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A pro active organisation would adjust its aims continuously though and when we were around the play offs it was absolutely stupid to keep the aim the same as it was before the season started. It is this refusal to alter the objective that will eventually see us relegated whether that is next season or the season after

6. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

May I point out that you don't sound very proactive yourself re your current employment circumstances you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You may but considering I found out about what he's been doing on Friday and I have contacted somebody already on Saturday and considering that it isn't my employment circumstances but is actually somebody elses then how would that be?

8. BarnsleyBomber

BarnsleyBomber Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been a great year 2016 was ace. Reached objective to get to 50pts as quick as . Well done for that. It was just disheartning that the squad was torn apart. I realise we would got nowt in summer if kept em. Just a little gutted we didnt spend 3 or 4 mill in jan

9. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I live in Belper which is eight miles north of Derby and work in Derby city centre. I have lots of friends and work colleagues who are mad keen Derby fans. Like most on here I'm disappointed to lose and, with Wednesday thumping Norwich, the reality of our mid table likely finish has hit home.

However, I'm a proud Red tonight. Proud of the 40 odd Reds who walked 55 miles to raise loads of cash for a worthy cause. Proud of the 2,000 Reds who, having seen us lose, clapped and sang after the final whistle, something that looked much appreciated by the players and Hecky. I met one of my Derby supporting mates after the game. "Your fans were amazing" he said. And he was right.

10. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really don't understand how on earth we lost that game today, lightyears ahead of them first half and edged the second.

Another poor refereeing performance, booked our players for ordinary fouls, yet didn't show a card in the first half when Hammill was almost through on goal on the edge of their box. Arguably a red for me, a clear professional foul, no attempt to play the ball and denying a decent goalscoring opportunity. Probably not a red by the letter of the law but he didn't even get the yellow out.

11. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I live in Swadlincote. Very proud of the team and supporters at the end today.

12. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can't defend at times, that's why we lost

Hecky ain't pleased by sounds

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I absolutely hate swadlincote. And I've never been there. I just thought I'd tell you that :)

14. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its all happy clapping and back slapping in the duck pond at the moment, fast forward to next season and you watch all hell will break loose, should we be struggling around the bottom of the table... for me i think we threw a golden opportunity to have a serious attempt of reaching the top six and a play off place away in January ..its okay to build like we have, if you are happy with your lot, but when do we construct something to stand back and see it stand the test of time...its all short term stuff no progress to ambition and bettering ourselves... call it what you want...treading water time after time sees one thing....only...stagnation.. lack of ambition and no end product...and God have we seen that so many times over the past 50 odd years...but whilst fans pour through the gate happy with that then the club as any other business say thank you very much for little in return..yes last season saw us appear twice at Barnsley south, one cup and a playoff place, a play off place that should never have had to take place if things had been done right in the first place last time we were in the championship ...Ive lost count of the lame excuses weve rolled out over the past 50 odd years ive watched us ...nothing changes off the field, the board lack the ambition of the fans.
    please dont give me the old chestnut we cant compete, weve just proved we can and in my opinion would have achieved more if the board was as good as the team that we have seen over the this and last season up to January ..continue like we are off the field and it will all end up in tears...mark my words
    Technically the season is over, we will be safe, we are just playing for points for a higher finish, nothing to aim for..yes round of applause for that feat...but if you think that PH and his coaches are happy with that then think again...what he says and what he thinks are two different things....id lay my money on him privately bemoaning what he and the players could and would have achieved if the board would have backed him ...the above is all my own opinions
    This is not me moaning after a defeat..its me moaning that the team as been weakened by the boards failure to act, and stating what i believe to be true.
    Awaits the abuse....save some of you the time...im not a blunt or a pig ..lol

15. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Speaking of the board, I'm still pissed off that our chief exec left the club and they have flat out refused to comment on why. It shows contempt for the supporters who have not only an emotional but a financial investment in the club.

MrsHallsToffeerolls likes this.
  16. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not too bad, even if it is in the heart of Scab Country.

17. Langer Dan

Langer Dan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I don't know. Swad was always one of those places that sounded lovely until you actually went there. I am talking mid seventies to early eighties when I lived in Ashby de la Zouch (as lovely as it sounds).

18. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    But the same comments about our 'short termedness' were made last season with Fletcher, Brownhill, Isgrove etc all due to go back, Hourihane and Winnall being linked away and Hammill being out of contract. Some will say we've learned nothing, but on the face of it, it hasn't done us too much harm.

We've absolutely no way of knowing whether we'd be challenging the top 6 had we not sold Hourihane, Bree and Winnall, but we'd have still lost them in the summer, that I am certain of. We probably would have had more chance of making the top 6, but promotion in my opinion was the only way to keep them. Let's be honest, it wasn't going to happen.

We are set to lose a few more players, there's nothing to say we won't comfortably replace them. It's always more difficult to do business in January, more so in our situation at present.

Yes this is a happy clap post. Strange because we've performed exactly as well as I expected us to this season.

Sent from space using satellites and things

19. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I lived in Ashby from 1991 to 1996, I play Badminton there on tuesday nights. Not a bad place, slightly "posh", property is significantly more expensive there than Swad. Property always used to be cheaper in Swad than Burton, but since the demise of the pits round here, it's the other way round.

Do you still live round these parts?

20. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take your point mate, the mood will change when we're fighting relegation, if not next season then probably the one after. Let's just enjoy the good times while they are here....