Desperately in need of a couple of wins

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by JLWBigLil, Dec 26, 2017.

1. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we can get them over the weekend matches, we might open up a bit of a gap with the relegation spots.
    I thought the defence were solid enough , but we never looked like creating a great deal. Impressed with Pinnock & Mallan, Yiadom and Gardner were better than previous displays. I thought the referee may as well hand over his whistle to Ben Pearson, as he seemed to allow him to officiate the game anyway! Stitched on penalty, in my opinion, too!
    Hopefully, we'll try putting a few shots on target before the 85th minute against Reading on Saturday!:D

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Saw something to build on today. Defensively were not a disaster, although the season long habit of not clearing our lines sufficiently well still remains.

Similarly, wide midfield positions not too bad, with several players vying for places.

Centre mid and up front need addressing for me.

BobT, ScubaTyke and Connor like this.
  3. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This young team really needs to find a win to get the monkey off their back. Draws against Brentford and Preston are good results against very competitive teams. Both around playoffs in terms of quality in their squads. And nearly drew with Fulham. Hope the boys take a lot of confidence from last 3 games. A win, however it comes, will be a huge relief and let a few shackles come off the way we play.

Mallan and Pinnock added bonus today. Along with more minutes for Izzy. Fryers, Williams current form (needs a rest but no one else), and pumping the ball to Bradshaw are still concerns. Sure Hecky will work his knackers to get that right. A leader in central midfield and a quality striker and think we’ll see us rising up the table.

When it clicks I think we’ll see a lot of improvement and a significant upturn in results. If we’re not in relegation zone by end of January we’ll be absolutely fine.

imer red and Connor like this.