Did anybody get a season ticket renewal letter in the end?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, May 18, 2018.

1. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So presumably people would have looked expecting a May discount? So they didn't lose out. Though they may have been disappointed.
    I think that, as usual ST you're looking round for an issue to beat the club with.
    If you want something to have a go about I'd suggest the inexplicable appointment of Jose Morais.
    That'll do for me on this. It's my dinner time. I'm off to sit in the kitchen with my mouth open and rely on Mrs Churton to spoon the peas in for me.

2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I do find weird is when someone assumes that everyone does what they do. It might be hard for some people to grasp, but we are all individuals and have different priorities in life. It's surprising how many people don't know what I do about what's going on. I'm constantly having to update fellow Reds in my friend/family zone.

JamDrop, SuperTyke and Redstone like this.
  3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Said the same to mate at Derby, on the way down we had discussed very possible permutation for the days results. Yet in the ground we found ourselves surrounded by people who didn't have a clue.
    "What does that mean"
    "Are we safe now"
    "Is that good for us"
    As you say everyone is different and thinking about it doesn't make them any less of fan or valued as such. This isn't the clubs approach it would seem, and that makes me sad. It feels like we aren't selling the club. Its just come support us you know where we are.
    The removal of the "May" discount is also a slap in the face in my opinion. The huge price jump basically says "get it early or sod off we don't care"
    If they wanted to save on postage why not just hand everyone a leaflet as they come through the turnstile? I'm sure more could have been done.

4. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I"l tell you what , lets get the club to get a locksmith down to Oakwell , board it up , lock it up & shut down for good , that would spoil it for some , what would they find to moan about

5. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn't argue in the slightest about the actual pricing. It's very disappointing. I've said loads of times on here that they should be able to afford to significantly lower prices for a few years to generate a bigger fanbase.
    I get the feeling they see exploiting overseas marketing of us as a way to increase revenue. I suppose if we make money overseas and invest in the team it will bring winning football and more people through the turnstiles that way.
    Either way the promise to improve the match day experience to me ought to include reasonable ticket prices, more support creating a better atmosphere and a team that can compete at least in the Championship.
    Face painters, fan zones and general pizazz pale into insignificance in comparison.

6. churtonred

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I did make the point that people who don't use the Internet almost invariably have family and friends that do.