Dissapointed

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ayl

Aylott Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What utter tripe! But it is your tripe and you are entitled to express it.

You are very good at outlining the problems (in your head) but have no absolute solutions to offer than than to spend ten of millions of pounds which we don't have!

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you what. When have I said about spending Millions on players never mind ten's of millions.

3. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    People would think more of you if you aired your views on the good stuff too. Such as the player of ours who got Player of The Month. (Still waiting?)
    But I honestly think you don't see any good stuff, so sorry to say Hemsy, You're Fired. Like others have suggested, F00k off to support a Premier League U21 outfit. Fed up of trying to reason with you.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

4. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You've ignored what someone asked you Hemsie. Would you swap Hourihane for Frimpong?

5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Neither of the goals were Roberts' fault. The first was probably Kent's fault for going to sleep for our corner and the 2nd was just a bit slack all round

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andy. I'm not sure how I can show you this but I'm positive in my way.

In non internet land it shows more

7. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not getting involved with the anti winnall/hourihane/roberts discussion or going to give an opinion but 'non internet land' wins my imaginary award for description of the day

8. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    We haven't got the best players in each position in this league, we all know that. Some will say Conor as i'm sure the Championship twitter account said statistically he's the best midfielder in the league but I don't think he is although he is very, very good and not far off.

I understand your point though, that those guys you mentioned are younger and looked far more at home. To your question though, I believe it's just a case of getting more experience at this level and giving them time. I say that as if we have started badly and are just waiting for them to click. You have to think that we are 4th, albeit after 8 games with a team that includes 90% who have never played this high up. You also have to wonder what level these players could get to with more games at the side of each other, with this manager instilling hard work ethic and recruiting players that also have the off the field personality to want to better themselves.

To Holgate, Stones and to a lesser extent Mawson. Those players, evidently are more naturally gifted and have the natural knack of being both comfortable and at ease whoever they play and whoever they play with and we were never going to be able to keep players like that as we aren't in the top league or stupidly rich. Players like that are always going to be taken off us until we make that very tough step into the elite division. We just have to be very proud and happy that we created 2 of those and made the other in Mawson. Our standing in the pyramid dictates that we can't afford the Blacketts and Liam Moores as they will both have been on 10k+ in the Premier League and for us that isn't sustainable.

I know a lot of people say this to you mate, but it's true without the verbal. Coming down to Oakwell you aren't going to see a fully fledged John Stones for our team or a Holgate at his peak as they are footballers who could probably not play for years and still have that ability to make it look easy. Obviously there's always a mistake in those 3 players and even Readings 2 but we shop at bargain basement compared and we get a lot, lot more than what we pay for. It's brilliant.

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The penalty was Conor's fault not Davies. He was trying to be too ******* clever and failed. We move on.

Still what a load of ***** some people talk.

10. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    just seen the two goals.

First, Whats Davies doing.

Second, Just stand off Houirhane. I'm sure Roy Keane will be pleased with that sort of defending.

11. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably won't be pleased. But I bet what he will be pleased with is him winning the player of the month and being statistically the best central midfielder in the league, up to press.

12. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm enjoying watching our former non league and league 2 players giving their all. We've got a real chance of restablishing ourselves in the Championship. Each and everyone of them have earned the right to play at this level in my opinion. Some will succeed, others won't. Today we were beaten by a better side on the day. In a division that is renowned for being unpredictable, where any team is capable of beating any other on the day. Maybe age has mellowed me, maybe I'm easily pleased. Our most successful and exciting teams in the 36 years of me watching Barnsley have all had players acquired from non-league and lower league clubs in them - McCarthy, Currie, Sheridan, Bullock, Appleby, Davis. We're in an era where we can't afford the wages of many of the premier league youngsters, and I'm right behind the club in how they're going about things. We have another transfer window in January where those who can't cut it at this level will possibly leave and we'll recruit within our budget. To bring in even 1 youngster such as Blackett (who played well today) at the wage level they'd expect would be suicidal and destroy the team ethos we have where no player is seen as more valuable than any other. They're here because we want them, and they want to be with us. Get behind em.

13. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The opning poster is a fecking great twonk .

14. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Usual crap from you. Don't think you know rhe game to be honest.

15. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So anyway, Frimpong or Hourihane then Hemsy?

16. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whats the point in such question. one plays for the club I go watch a lot an the other doesn't.

Ones got a long way to go if he wants to get a sniff of what the others got, a international cap. Keane was there to watch Mcshane and Quinn yesterday but I'm sure he'd have noticed fellow Cork midfielder and he'd have had lots of question marks with him and some some no's to report back to the ROI team.

17. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because a player has a international cap it doesn't make him a better player.Even Scott Wiseman is a international captain and he's poor

18. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd also say that if a player has ONE international cap and is never ever picked again then that says a lot about that player. Thry took a punt on him and we're proved wrong, he didn't perform well enough against Sudan to warrant another game ever again

19. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wayne all you hear from some Barnsley fans are how it's not fair for Connor Hourihane that hes not in the ROI squad. When you try and tell people that he's NOT better than Jordan Henderson or Jack Wilshiere or James McCarthy more importantly they don't like it. People need to remember at some point James McCarthy will have to fit into that ROI squad.

20. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK then, easier question. Would you prefer Hourihane, or Frimpong as he was when he played for us?