Dominic Cummings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Abruzzo Red, May 22, 2020.

1. StatisTYKE

StatisTYKE Well-Known Member

Rodent Disposal Operative.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From The Oxford English Dictionary...

Fascism (noun) The principles and organisation of the Italian Fascists, the Italian Fascist movement; a similar nationalist and authoritarian movement I another country; loosely right-wing authoritarianism.

Think we’re just about there.

arabian_ian, Tarntyke and Abruzzo Red like this.
  2. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    “I also need to remind parents that, as we have already advised, children should not be left with older grandparents, or older relatives, who may be particularly vulnerable or fall into some of the vulnerable groups and I know that will be difficult too. And I want to thank families for their sacrifice at this difficult time. I want to thank whole country for the efforts people are making to comply with these measures.”
    - Boris Johnson, 18th March

Cowboy and Burgundy Red like this.
  3. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the worst thing for me. The reaction. The amount of people in the public eye means that we'll be getting another 9 years of this shower.

It's so dissapointing.

4. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People voted for this. Actual human beings, lots of them, voted for this.

wombwell-red and TitusMagee like this.
  5. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We were specifically told umpteen times by the prime minister as well as other ministers
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....n-mothers-day-coronavirus-gbr-intl/index.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-mothers-day-words-22-march-2020

Abruzzo Red and thetykester like this.
  6. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    but are we all being conned with the Cummings story -- it's totally true and disgusting but it has provided the Tories with a welcome diversion and led us up the garden path somewhat.
    The real issue is that lives are being lost because of the absolute cack-handed way this government is dealing with Covid 19.

We will have a vaccine soon - no chance
    We have an APP system of contact on the Isle of Wight - er have we - how are the older people dealing with it? is it working?
    We will Test-Trace-Track - only problem is the result of the Tests take a long time by which time those with the virus have infected others
    We will quarantine travellers when they arrive at the Airports - where exactly will they be quarantined - how long does it take between testing them an finding the result of the test.
    We are bringing the R number down - so what - it's an artificial construct anyway.
    We will follow the scientists - beware much of the present science thinking is facts based on opinions - sadly that's the wrong way round.
    We will patronise you at 5pm each day when we give the 'Update' - we will tell you a load of lies/half truths/boll**** about this disease that we basically no f*** all about.

No one will die because of Cummings travels - but will because of Government incompetence - let's focus on that.

Rant over - lets hope they null and void this season or at least null and void Cummings.

7. Dav

DavidCurriesMullet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    L
    Let's not forget before this story broke last night another was brewing about evidence being destroyed or deleted linked to the yank Johnson shagged.

Cowboy likes this.
  8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just because you don't understand the R number doesn't mean it's meaningless. Just because you don't know what is happening with the track and trace app doesn't mean nothing is. Just because you don't know what the quarantine plans for travellers are doesn't mean there aren't any. Why would you know anyway? You arent flying in.

You seem to be basing so much of your opinion on the fact that you don't know things rather than on what may or may not be happening. I personally don't care where passengers are quarantining, it makes no difference really.

The chief government advisor and sage member telling everyone to stay at home, helping to produce laws specifically prohibiting travel and then driving across the country DOES affect me as it means that he and in turn the government do not believe in the message they are giving out. And if it makes me think that it sure as hell will make the millions who already go to beaches think it

pompey_red likes this.
  9. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    BBC News did an interview, can't recall who it was with yesterday (maybe one of the NHS top brass). Apparently Cummings questioned the scientists advice and suggested we should be locking down two weeks prior to when it actually came into force. So maybe if they have listened to him as big of a nob he is himself, many deaths could have been avoided. I was surprised to hear the story.

10. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why?
    It’s clear that it’s ok for Cummings to break the rules, and as we’re all born equal we can all do the same.

if it’s wrong for ST to do it, it’s also wrong for Cummings.

pick a side and stick to it!

11. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

It's very weird how people view things differently. Only BBC I see is one attacking the government with story after story..
    There are definitely things the government could have done better and acted more swiftly, but it is the same amongst most nations.
    Even Germany are getting criticism from their own people, doctors being asked not to put any mention of COVID on death certs etc, hospitals under equipped. It's just that we only see what our media want us to see. I'm not sure which BBC reports you have been watching but I've not seen any single one bigging up the government.

12. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He picked a side.

They won remember.

Donny-Red likes this.
  13. bfc

bfc1001 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

You make it sound as if this is all something new . A little under 20 years ago we were marching into Iraq just like you d expect a fascist dictator to to , with all his subordinates going right along with it be it political or in the news media . Leadership like we are seeing today is merely a consequence of the policies of the last 30 years coming home to roost .

14. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed - and people seek to associate any dissenting opinion to the prevailing narrative peddled by the Government by dismissing alternative criticising views as extremist or ‘cultist’. Sound familiar?

Scary innit?

15. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take your point that if Cummings can travel half way across the country then others will think they can. Not a good idea re spreading infection.
    But my point was that the Cummings story has deflected from the incompetence of this Government.
    I hope I'm wrong re testing, quarantining etc not really happening - or do you think things are on track - Isn't it something you should know/find out about because if those factors are not working we're in a mess!

SuperTyke likes this.
  16. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I believe that those coming into the country will have to quarantine at home with fines if they don't do so. I don't know how that would be policed though. Personally hotels who are sitting empty would be used for quarantining all incoming passengers which would help to make up for the lost money from being forced to close.

The app is currently being tests in Isle of wight and was downloaded by tends of thousands of people. Around 40% of the population. I've no idea how it is performing but I know it's being used. I do know they haven't recruited anywhere near the amount of contact tracers that they said they would need though.

17. Gegenpresser

Gegenpresser Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The Cummings story is just another stick that the government should be beaten with.

For me, from the first sight of the heaving stands at Cheltenham, and right up to this latest story, it has been a tale of mismanagement and incompetence.

18. Dav

DavidCurriesMullet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's asking questions and then there's asking challenging and relevant questions. Newsnight haven't had an interview with any ministers in 2 months. Channel 4 never seem to get anyone from the actual cabinet on either. Why was Laura Kuennesburg parroting a source close to Cummings? Who could that be Boris or his wife, maybe his 4 year old? A supposed independent journalist promoted the government narrative and changed it overnight in line with government communications because the whole story was getting away from them.
    The Covid crisis needs forensic oversite and many uncomfortable questions need to be asked. For weeks the likes of Kuennesburg and Peston just keep asking if the lockdown would end or when can we get a pint in a pub.
    Others like James O'Brien and even Piers Morgan are asking serious questions relating to, care homes, overall death toll, PPE, care professionals deaths, planning, op Cygnus, schools, track and trace list goes on.
    If anyone dare ask tough questions they are asked to move to the back of the queue or blocked. If you're an MP asking the same questions you're a negative and unpatriotic member of parliament or told to change your tone.

Who do the government and BBC serve again?

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  19. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    that's right but some aspects of the governments incompetence need a bigger and louder stick than others.

Abruzzo Red likes this.
  20. Burgundy Red

Burgundy Red Well-Known Member

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    They're going to be doing spot checks for self-isolation under quarantine with £1000 fines for non-compliance. Those unable to supply a suitable address at which they'll be self-isolating will have to quarantine in accommodation arranged by the government, at their own expense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52781812

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    SuperTyke likes this.