Elliot Lee my take on him

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you know what. I am done with you you horrible snidey lovely person.

Absolutely horrible ignorant waste of space to this club.

But you've been to 23 games.

2. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Funny, I'm sure I remember someone on here banging on about how good Frimpong was because he was a Ghana international...

3. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh yes.

Marciano van homitt or whatever he was called.

Did this in world class style when he took a Liverpool defender out wide allowing devaney to swing that cross in for fozzy to head home.

Couldn't defend for his life like.

I understand (and so do others) what you are pointing out.

But I think your the only one with thinks AY is ****

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That's a valid argument HT and I understand what you mean. However, your original post came across as another dig at one of our best players. I wasn't the only one who saw it that way, loads of people did.

5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cough cough...

Screenshot_20170103-210554.jpg

6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I must have missed this as I've seen very little criticism of a player who's played very little football for us.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

7. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm someone that doesn't old back on here with views on here. I've been posting on here for 8 plus years I think now Stahlost and i've said some silly things. I get quite fustrated on here more so than I ever would IRL. IRL i'm quite and if I make a comment you can see from my body laungage what I mean.

I'm not saying Yiadom's a bad player or anything. I'm saying he could be doing something better in my opinion, that's all (to aid another players performance). You think other wise. I then explain why I think something and to me that's the right thing to do. I hate it when I see a players ****. Means nothing to me that. I at least try and why I think why I do.

Look at the Ghana post I made above. I was just saying well they have x player on the left x player injured and they also don't have a good squad apart from the big names because they have a player from x club. To me that's a fair comment . I'm snide to another.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loko, he has replies in this thread that talk about his OP, and yet he has blatantly ignored them, and launched straight back into his Andy Yiadom hate campaign.

Look at his most recent posts.

Quick thoughts on Yesterday Post - Attacks Yiadom
    Tom Bradshaw post - v little discussion about Tom Bradshaw, just another pop at Yiadom, plus Conor and Roberts. Talks about Bree more than Bradshaw. Not actually interested in Bradshaw
    Goodness that was close post - dig at Yiadom

He's not contributing to other people's threads, and he's creating threads with no intention of discussing the subject. He can't blame everyone else. Yesterday was the only time he made an agenda-free post - and look what happened, people engaged with him.

No it doesn't happen to anyone else because no-one else presents the same points over and over and over and over. It's relentless.

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yiadom doesn't overlap nowt controversial in saying that. We have been weaker down the left than the right. Certainly when Adam plays he misses the space that Aidy White creates with his overlapping runs. All seem reasonable points to me. Elliot Lee Is still nowhere near the right shape to challenge for a place in the first team though.

10. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Once again that's a decent reply and a fair admission that you've said some silly things. I have too, probably. We all have at times. As you probably know I don't believe that there's a difference between real life and the BBS. The internet, including the BBS, is real life. The way you behave on here is how I think you behave in general.

As far as the players go, you do come across as having an agenda against certain players, usually our better ones. Luke Steele, Bobby Hassell, Conor Hourihane, Sam Winnall, Andy Yiadom, and probably others. They are/were all very very good players, but as you say they could all improve, but if they did they wouldn't be playing for us. We're having a great season, scoring a bagful of goals, winning more than we lose against so-called "bigger" clubs and entertaining the fans. What's not to like? Enjoy, it's brilliant!

I can't go to the same number of matches as you, I live partly abroad and partly in the UK, so I can't have a season ticket. I also stopped going to away matches a while ago because of the cost and sheer depression at the tactics and results (although obviously that's improved no end). I'm off to Blackpool though, so as of Saturday I'm a proper fan again. Like you I'm intrigued as to what the team will be, so let's see.

11. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's fair enough. I don't post the matches to brag, I post them to say this is what i've formering my opinion off. I might be right, I might be wrong.

I

12. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Right, now we're all mates again, let's just enjoy the season. I'll try to stop taking the p**s and you try to stop attacking our best players for no reason. If they have bad games, they deserve it, but then they deserve praise for good games as well. Balance things up a bit. You Reds!

13. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Elliott Lee, not seen enough of him to comment.

Andy Yiadom not overlapping? Erm.. He's right footed, you need a trusty left peg to pass your winger and head for the by-line. Any other obvious crap anyone need pointing out?

Yiadom is the best and most valuable full back at the club. More obvious crap..

Sincerely hope that helps.

14. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still don't understand how Andy Yiadom has resulted in Elliott Lee going out on loan???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In response to point one. Because part of the OP was about overlapping full backs so I was demonstrating a point.

Point two. It wasn't blatant but becomes that way when the lanterns and forks come out almost instantly.

I've been on this board in one format or another for near on 17 years. There's always been people who dislike some of our star players. You hear it on the terraces, you see it on Twitter, and the more sane amongst us shake our head in disbelief. But even amongst the so called sane there's disagreements in the pub just like there is on here to the point of repetition. In HT's defence, he might start three or four threads a week that appear to be having digs, but he doesn't hijack threads very often if at all to force his opinion across.

Surely you remember Direwatch? and Tyrone's one man crusade against Bobby Hassell? Far more obvious than simply saying Yids doesn't overlap and as a result our left winger isn't as effective.

16. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He also has replies that go straight in to his comment on Yids. Works both ways.

I also don't get how its relentless? Really? I never feel like he's dominating the board. If one of his posts doesn't have any substance I read a few replies and move on. Doesn't ruin my experience to see one person having an opinion that I largely disagree with. I've spent the last 20 seasons at Oakwell or away from home being sat near someone who in my opinion didn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to football.

In fact I spend four hours behind Redfearn's Bar where it gets like that. And 10 years with many a London Tyke where I think the same.

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Big fan of comparing Yids to Bellerin and Azpilicueta.

Hemsy should definitely write a column. The boy is gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not seen much of Lee but on the little bits I've seen he looks neither fit enough or good enough.

I hope I'm proved wrong & he rips league 2 up but that's the other area of concern. If he's such a talent why is he dropping to league 2, surely it'd be better to at least perform at the level he was at last season? League 2's going backwards

19. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's a fair observation Hemsworth that when White and Hammill were on the left, White did create space by overlapping. Balanced against that though is that Hammill is now up against better quality right backs in most games, and Yiadom doesn't offer the same, primarily as he is right footed playing left back. He might be following orders too, and I think we've been a little more cautious since Fulham ran us ragged. Yiadom has been fantastic defensively since early season, and when he was playing right back he was regularly supporting attacks, including a great ball to Bradshaw for his goal v Rotherham.

I can't really offer a valid opinion on Lee as I've barely seen anything of him.

Whoever Heckingbottom picks will be viewed as up to the job. We can only speculate as to what he's thinking, but if Lee was "ready" then arguably he's had the opportunity to stake a claim for a place in recent weeks with Hammill's loss of form/suspension.

For what it's worth, I'm a big believer in not changing a winning team regardless of the opponent or competition unless injury/fitness (or even international duty) intervene, so from what I gather of yesterday's game, both Hammill and Yiadom should retain their place for me.

20. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)