Embarrassing...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Shepley Red, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Rdo

Rdo1104 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tin hat time and not directed at anyone in particular but I really do think that we have a higher than average number of irrational and uneducated (football wise) fans.

We pi55ed this league from being bottom at Christmas without changing players so I’ll be fooked if being third now is a concern.

But the number of fans shouting lump it, get rid, Shoot etc. At the most ridiculous time is, well frankly, embarrassing!

Sithi

2. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's a bad performance, no one is denying that, but is it really worth calling the team embarrassing?

I've seen plenty of embarrassing performances and today wasn't anywhere near close to it.

We won't win every game, we won't even play well every game but to say that was embarrassing is an absolute disgrace.

3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Only thing I was embarrassed about was the Barnsley fans fighting with the Stewards after the game.

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You've seen worse posts surely, is it really worth calling them an absolute disgrace?

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Saw the goal around ten past six on SSN. Surprised we were one of the first games they showed. Sloppy depending to fail to deal with a set piece not for the first time this season and to conceded in our own six yard box with our keeper stuck to his line, which is my number 1 pet hate for conceding goals.

6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I went, and I wasn't embarrassed. Frustrated at missed chances and trying to play football in the wrong areas, but I applauded them off, as did most of our fans.

As poor as you thought we were, we had the lions share of it.

We aren't going to walk the league, win every game and boss the full 90 minutes. If we're going to win promotion, there'll be some ups and downs along the way.