Enjoyed today

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Mar 11, 2017.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apart from the end obviously, felt like a defeat in the end but we had enough chances to win 2 or 3 games. Matty james had a really solid game deserved man of the match I thought adam hammill marley watkins and andy yiadom also had decent games today. I think someone on here once said just get forward, run andy run. He got forward really well today and at times ipswich were struggling with him so composed on the ball.

Metatarsal likes this.
  2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't disagree with any of that. Good to see Adam H on the pitch and playing well.

3. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was a breath of fresh air compared to watching kent lately hope he keeps his place.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I enjoyed it too, went in the Ponty for the first time for decades and it was brill. Surrounded by some nutters (I suspect some of them may be on here) who ribbed Tom Bradshaw mercilessly for wearing gloves on a nice spring day. Even managed a song at times. Hammill worked so hard it was unbelievable, great performance missing just 1 extra goal. Now I wonder how far it is to Norwich.....

5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I probley sit in the same area you was in today. And hood to see the p.c flag back! Unfortunately my next game will be wednesday maybe only one more away game this season and that will be newcastle.

6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wondered if you were about when I saw the flag. People around me were obsessed with his gloves too, I'm not sure how having bare hands improves your ability to play football but there we are.

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe he's got Dermatitis?

8. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah he made the difference today did Adam.

Between winning and losing when Williams put him clean through and he whacked it straight at the goalie.

Although Wiliams' brainless header gave Ipswich the ball back to enable them to score, so between themselves they evened it out.

Kent did not play today, so nobody knows what might have happened had he played.

Perhaps he might have played a pass to Armstrong like at Rotherham, which won us the game.

Perhaps he might have scored like he did against Leeds.

Who knows?

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or perhaps he mint have ran down more blind alleys than my neighbours cat and left us wide open to the counter. Look at the stats hammill has been more productive with less game time this season. And yeah hammill should have scored but it was a good save from the keeper.

10. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was a good save. It was a reaction with his arm behind and above him. another day, it goes in. Kenty had a chance to put us level at QPR. The ball went in orbit. I know who I'd rather play.

11. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Yep,;b
    Yep, back after a 6 week absence. Will make up for it by taking the flag to Norwich next week. Still buzzing despite the January sales!

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Me too mate what about when hammill put watkins in to equalise against Huddersfield or when he scored to get us a point against bristol both times coming on as a sub and that's just off top of my head.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  13. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill/Watkins!

Not going to call Kent, he's been a good option and largely been useful but now the season is done, preparing our own players for next season has to be our priority so therefore Hammill or Hedges have to start ahead of him.

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I ment hammill to put watkins through sorry I've had a couple tonight, don't get me wrong I'm sure in a few years kent will be some player but 2 goals and 1 assists in 2476 minutes in a Barnsley shirt this season is a little less than I expected and hammill would have gave us more if he had that game time. I expect he will get loaned out again next season unless a club take a gamble on him but like you say he isn't our player so hammill and Hedges for the remainder please.

15. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree!

16. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes it was largely enjoyable seeing us outplay a regular Champship team, and we made them look like the team they are (one which is struggling and still looking over their shoulders).
    As for this debate about Hammill & co, I dont think its rocket science is it and it baffles me what Hecky is thinking of at times. To get the best out of him youve got to play him from the start, he cant always do the supersub act and he shouldnt have to either. Id rather we have the game won by the time the subs have to come on.
    We're all footy manager wannabes at times arent we and when it comes down to it, I wouldnt have to bottle to do the job so that rules me out lol. And despite my recent comments questioning his selections, Im still behind Hecky no questions asked.