FA published Registered Intermediary payments and transactions 17-18

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedLeader21, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Red

RedLeader21 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The FA has released details of 1) Intermediary fees paid by clubs; 2) Intermediary transactions by club. Not only does this make for interesting reading, but it offers us a little insight in what might have been spent by the club. Link below:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/03/payments-fees-intermediaries-030418

Barnsley FC paid £419,638.00 in intermediary fees between January 2017 and January 2018. (Interestingly, up from £188,209 last year).

In 2013, FIFA estimated that 28% of transfer fees go to intermediaries. Now, this is a 5 year old statistic, but ignoring the age of that calculation, it's reasonable to assume that we spent at least £1,498,707 in transfer fees.

Transfer fees are often subject to amortisation, which is a posh word for spreading the cost over the length of the contract. The average length of contracts signed by players over the past year is 3 years.

Can we, roughly and crudely, assume that we spent at least or around £4.5m on players over the past year?

TLDR: Tarn are frugal and don't like paying agent fees. Last year only Burton spend less than us, by about £20k, and Newcastle spent over £10m. This year, Bolton, Burton, Ipswich and Millwall all spent less than us. Wolves spent £2m, Villa spent £5m.

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we spent that much on this shower of white we've not only had our pants down, they've been down and we've took a finger up the arse arse too.

I'd be interested in seeing how much of this money was spent securing the services of Gary Gardner, Joe Williams, Ike ugbo, Callum elder and co. Or whether the club paid an intermediary to negotiate the sale of itself

3. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t know if agent fees are paid for loan deals, interesting question..

But as for the sale of the club, we heard a lot about this Jervis fellow from blackbridge Sports. Bet he got a fair wad

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would imagine that they are somewhere along the line because a contract will be signed and that's what players actually have agents for not for finding new clubs (though we all know they really do).

As for the sale of the club I remember reading a lot about him being involved but really should the club be paying for its own sale?

5. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As the monthly recipient of eBay invoices for around £0.74 I whole heartedly agree that we shouldn't have to pay to sell our own stuff.

SuperTyke likes this.