Fans leaving the ground

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did hemsworth want us to play 4-5-1? . It suits us 4-4-2 . We play better when we attack and push them back . Best form of defence is attack

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    He could have chosen to take up a different position as we went on the attack. He actually chose to step away from his defender and make space for himself at the far post. He could have chosen not to make that perfectly timed run, starting from an onside position but ending round the back of the defence. He could have chosen not to launch himself at the ball, but he ensured he met it perfectly and diverted it in to the goal.

There was no great skill in Winnall's goal yesterday, but he showed great football intelligence. He read the game perfectly and had the athleticism to be in exactly the right position at exactly the right time. He does it time and time again which has resulted in him scoring 63 league goals in 126 league starts. A goal every two games, which any striker would be proud of.

Without his goal we wouldn't have won the game yet you chose to criticise him. For the life in me I cannot understand why any Barnsley supporter would do that.

There's no doubt you go to the games, but I believe being a supporter requires more than that. I see very little support for a number of our players from you. We all have our favourites, players we love, and we all have players we're not as keen on. But when we're playing well, when we're successful, I don't know anyone other than you who uses this forum and constantly criticises our players. And you've always done it. We don't all have Barnsley players we actively dislike, but you appear to have.

Since Christmas last year I can't find fault with a single one of our players. Every week they go out and give it their all. More often than not they play with skill and flair. We've lost just 5 games since then. Being a Barnsley supporter at the moment is an utter joy. It's just fabulous, as good as we've ever had it.

Yet you still pick on individual players. You may think it doesn't make any difference what you write on here, but I know for a fact that a number of people from the club read this forum. Everyone at our club is giving everything they've got to be successful. That success is for us, the fans. And they're doing it, they're achieving, they're punching above their weight and winning. In a corrupt business flooded with money they're doing it the right way with an astute plan, sensible spending, hard work and determination. For them to then read your comments must be demoralising.

3. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ^^^^ this ^^^^

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This with fecking bells on.

It's a waste of breath though.

5. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bravo.

6. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What Jay says is right Hemsie. That thread from the official site about Conor getting Player of the Month. No thanks from you, no like, no comment ...... yet if he'd been runner up you'd have started a new thread telling us all exactly where he went wrong.
    Will you EVER change your ways? I don't expect you to be a sheep and follow the crowd every post, but FGS, cut the sniping and disrespect of those who are doing their damndest to give us summat to be proud of.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

7. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On and off the pitch for last year or so it's hard to find fault with what we are doing . Long may it continue . We was hanging on 2 nd half yesterday but that goal deserved to win any game

8. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemsy in "start what looks like a reasonable post, throw in a thinly veiled criticism of a player he doesn't like, suggest their replacement with 12 year olds on loan from the top four then disappear without responding to criticism" shocker.

9. Loa

Load Bearing Pillar Well-Known Member

The West Stand, second along from the Ponty end
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with all that. I'd like to hope that anyone involved with the club reading this board had long since put Hemmsie on their ignore list.

10. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jay. On Winnall I made a point about the game including him. I saw it and put it on here. Like i've said, he offers something different to many of players. Likes to drop in and link between the midfield and main striker, watkins yesterday.

But I can't not put he made the wrong choice 3 times I think. It wasn't like he didn't know this because he did. hand on the top of Sam's head and then the hand of appology with a player asking why to put it more polite than i'd imagine the player was saying.

I'm not one to show what i'm thinking at the match when they scored but I was REALLY pleased for him yesterday. it clearly meant a lot. He took a long time to get back in position with him pointing at the Sky.

I hope he plays on Tuesday because for me he offers something else that Watkins, Armstrong and Bradshaw don't offer. If we are to play this 442 and for it to work he, Payne, Kent and when he returns Williams are vital for us. It's a mix we need.

Leicester had Okazaki to do that and Vardy to go inbehind.

11. Loa

Load Bearing Pillar Well-Known Member

The West Stand, second along from the Ponty end
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Williams is vital for us? I very much doubt he'll play for us again.

12. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    442 has worked well and is working well , why change a winning succesful formula

13. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wish you'd stop loving of Kent, I wouldn't mind but the genuine only reason you're doing so is because he's on loan from a big Premier league side.

14. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This. This times about 17,000,000.

You talk about constantly increasing performance/success by small increments otherwise you're standing still, and that's moving backwards (Joe Root, Barcelona etc etc), but bloody hell fire take five minutes for once and look at the bigger picture of who BFC are, who their players are and where they came from, who they are competing with on a relative scale and sometimes you just have to say 'Yes. Well played. That was a good performance.'.

OK, so they might have been a little better yesterday. Maybe we (Winnall) could have scored three or four. Maybe it looked like Preston were going to win in the second half.

Until we did. Like we did against Rotherham. And QPR. And Derby. Making us 3rd in the Championship.

15. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Deary me lad. Now I know you're either on a massive wind up or you really do know zip abart football.

Explain to me how a player who has barely kicked a ball since October 2014 is a vital to a team who have won a cup final without him, got promoted and are third in the division above?

16. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    I agree apart from the fact that I do hope if anyone from the club is reading this forum regularly they will have the sense to spot the Views from West Yorkshire are not representative and just ignore them so hopefully the demoralising bit doesnt apply

17. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Please don't tar all us WY types with the same brush. :frown:

18. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watched the whole game on PlayerHD last night and I would say that we were under some pressure as you'd expect at any time in any game, but we restricted them to just a few good chances and defended well. Then hit them with a stunner, get in.