FAO Jay re: Moncur

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky has got to shoulder some blame ...If he was born anywhere but Barnsley or hadn't had a reasonable career years ago would he still be in charge .I don't think so having said that who at the club is in any position to load and shoot the gun (make the descision to fire him) His job is safe .It must be a good position to be in when you don't have to answer to any one). We are looking like relegation fodder again and even though I am critical of the team I don't think we are far away from a good side we just need to apply ourselves and add a few key squad members ...In previous years we havehad a lot of hasbeens now we have lots of never will be,s

2. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think 532/352 is the way forward the team in its current guise. Get Yiadom and Fryers playing as the wingbacks and it even gives us the chance to play Moncur as an actual No.10 either behind a lone striker or have him as one of the 3 in the middle and let him push up to the space behind the front 2. Neither him nor the rest of the team could function much worse than they have in the past few matches...

3. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Hang on a minute

Budget wise we are probably bottom 3

We are not bottom 3

So surely the conclusion has to be that Hecky is doing a good job?

He’s a made a few errors but he’s not infallible !

He’s one of the best managers we’ve had in years. If he keeps us up we’ve had a good season,

Some signings will work, some won’t. I trust that Hecky will identify that as he knows far more about football than me and thee I bet!!!

Redstar and Connor like this.