Fear of a drone attack, so let's close the roof.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Prince of Risborough, May 26, 2017.

1. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40059676

I appreciate that the Champions League final is a major event but come on. Where is this going to end?

Maybe we could implement a massive redevelopment of every football league ground in the country so that they all have enclosed sides and a roof, for security reasons. The fact is that no amount of extra security at any event or in any public place will stop the fanatical killers. They won't worry about technical stuff like drones and remote controlled bombs (like the IRA used). They will just walk in, like Manchester, and detonate at will.

Until every turnstile has an explosives sniffer dog and every public square/shopping area has airport style gates to pass through then they will always get into the places where the public are. No amount of military and police on the streets will stop them.

2. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe there is some additional intelligence around this decision that has not been reported?

3. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its down to the intelligence agencies now.

4. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's face it, every public event is going to be a target now. That's how they work - spread fear and despondency, get the security services on high alert and just strike randomly. It's a dirty, disgusting way to wage "war" but we all have to live with it.

When I was in Germany in the early 90s we were issued with mirrors on extending poles for searching under our cars. The IRA were active in Europe and had killed a couple of guys in Roermond, not far from where I was stationed. Ironically though the very act of checking underneath your car picked you out as a military target for a random bullet. The locals certainly didn't concern themselves with security checks. I always tried to do it discreetly but the fear was always there.

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If they have had notification of the possibility of an incident it would be negligent in tbe extreme not to act upon it.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It will be intelligence lead, maybe they have intelligence that the brain washed maniac from Manchester has associates on the loose. Who knows better safe than sorry.

7. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know one thing. I'll feel a lot better when I get back to Stanmore tomorow evening and start the drive home after the cup final. Starting to wish I wasn't going.