Feeling ambivalent about the new season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DannyWilsonLovechild, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we're definitely stronger attacking- wise with much more depth. I have faith that at least one of the keepers will be an able replacement. The big question mark is the centre backs as everyone knows, and that is a key position to get right given the wealth of attacking talent in the Championship. We've given ourselves a huge task to train up a brand new partnership with imports. If we'd kept Pinnock I'd be very confident. As it is, I can see us both scoring and conceding a lot regularly in the first few games, as teams haven't qot used to our game yet ( apart from Charlton/ luton) but also we haven't had the experience to form a hardened unit at the back.

2. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Knowing my luck, they’d all be in the washing up bowl

3. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't wait for the new season. After one of the best campaigns in the club's history, 2019/20 can't start soon enough. I was bitterly disappointed that three major players had decided against lengthening their contracts with us, but I wish them well for the future. As for our new players, I haven't the foggiest whether these new players will be good enough, or how long it'll take them to build up an understanding with each other and the lads already here. I don't know that they won't be good enough, either. That's part of the excitement for me, as well as the enthusiasm for any new season.
    Personally, I believe under our current outstanding Head Coach and staff, we'll have a decent season, playing attractive football again and finish around 14th.
    Nothing clinically analytical in my opinion, but I don't care.:D

SFOTyke likes this.
  4. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take your point and we really can’t afford to be fiddling about in this hammer throwers league for too long. But keep the faith for one more season and we’ll be in our rightful place in the top division.
    I know we’re pretty much nailed on Champions but i’d make do with the Runners up spot.

5. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i for one, haven't forgotten what a big difference it is between L1 and Champ. on our budget, survival is succuess for me. anything top half will be a huge achievement

#FWF likes this.