First time for me ever that I wish the game would just finish.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree the game was dull. Selling 3 of our better players in January & losing Morsy pretty much killed our season.

4-4-2 with that exact team worked fine against Brentford, we should've won comfortably so he tried it again today, it was working so he changed it & we were the better side. Don't see the issue here.

On the academy players, he said he's seen too many thrown in when they aren't ready & it ruins there confidence. I'm guessing he's meaning Alistair Taylor, Steven Bennett etc. I don't really know as I've not seen enough of Wardle & Wolffe.

Agree about Hedges, I've wanted to see more of him.

I think there's something else going off with Kpekawa not football related.

Hecky's a lot more positive than Hill & Johnson ever were. Johnson used to spend every interview moaning about injuries when he'd only have Ryan Williams out. I prefer Hecky's attitude of 'it's an opportunity for someone else'.

You might understand that we need to sell players but lot of fans don't seem to understand it. Just look on the comments on the clubs Facebook when anyone leaves

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Spot on. I saw a post on facebook yesterday saying it was a good job we'd got off to a good start this season or we would have been relegated, and that the 10k loyal season ticket holders have been conned!

If I ever believed that the club was deliberately trying to con me and spoil my life, I just wouldn't go anymore and I certainly wouldn't waste my time banging on endlessly about it on social media.

Some people talk as if they've had assurances from the club at the beginning of the season and that the club has reneged.

It's just madness.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't buy into that. It probably destroys the confidence more of our current squad that they are pros that struggle for months on end at doing the business. If we played some academy lads and they did poor on debut we can always take them back out. I doubt they would have their confidence ruined just because their debut wasn't as good as they hoped. If they are that soft they don't belong in football anyway.

But chances are at least one of them might just take their chance better than those who haven't done on a weekly basis all year. It's really frustrating that those who play crap and get dropped to the bench get brought on all the time as predictable subs anyway.

4. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To answer the questions above.

Of course I understand that we need to sell players. We need to sell players and so does everyone. One king of the jungle and that's Madrid, Real Madrid. With the Premer league's gain in popularity and with the extra gain that includes financially one day maybe a Premier League could become that. The thing that makes it so good's the reason it makes it hard to do though.

Whatever people say it the money does trickle down, to the championship anyway and then slowly to L1/L2 with the parachute payment of 1 million for the teams relegated to league 1.

The championships gaining in wealth and popularity with many games been shown around the world. Our game at Burton I think was shown for example. A game that would never have been shown on English TV live.

With the younger players, they can only Swim or sink. Every player will make a debut. Does anyone truly know if they are going to become the next Olympic swimmer or need emergency assistance? everyone can only hope. Of course the Manager or Head Coach can take calculated risks and that game yesterday would have been a low risk game for me. Likely to freeze would have been low. Newcastle game, high risk.

I listen to every one of PH's press conferences. For me he's very negative speaker in them and it comes out most when he's talking about the younger players. It's always poor old me.

5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he was referring to Wilsons 2nd spell and he has a point because it was terrible.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brownhill is on 4k a week at Bristol he just didnt want to come here.

7. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He is realistic when speaking about younger players. What's the point in giving them a game just for the sake of it if they aren't yet good enough? Getting tonked 7-0 at West Brom in Hecky's time as a player here didn't do Luke Potter any good. I must admit I wonder whether there isn't a better full-back than Jones or Elder in the academy, but if Hecky doesn't think so then I'll certainly trust that.

I don't know what you're getting at with the last comment. Are you implying that Hecky plays the victim in his interviews? It's the total opposite. He knows what our circumstances are and acknowledges that, as you have to, but doesn't grumble and just gets on with the job to keep us competitive and develop the players we've got. He's the least self-pitying manager I can remember in my time following the Reds.

Xerxes and BBBFC like this.
  8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Okay we see things different on the second point. I thought under Hill he got us together and made it us against the rest.

The first comment. I think I was trying to make the point. It's about risks. West Brom/ Newcastle, Burton at Oakwell isn't the right risk. Also I don't agree Potter wasn't good enough. I remember him playing well when he got a run in the team at lb under Robins.

This we can't have 4 centre backs nonsense. You don't want 4 cb's. Makes us sound like some sort of sunday morning 10 pints and a doner the night before team.

9. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think you can have enough doner's in the squad, personally.

10. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i understand phils point but unfortunately the dip in form came about by the actions of the board...in January ...£££ signs...you can say what you want but the public face is totally different to what really takes place behind the scenes ....id lay good money that the attitude in the dressing room was one of utter disbelief that the team was within a whisker of a top six place and the rug was been pulled from under them...theres no wonder they chalked f**k that for a game of soldiers on it. Dont tell me you wouldnt feel the same if in your line of work if there was a chance of you and your team reaching the next level and some one got rid of the heart without a battle ......disappointed ...Yes weve done the whys and nots to death....but besides weakening the team it had an effect on moral all of which is reflecting back on the field of play....hence our form of late.....As for heckys part hes caught between a rock and a hard place...dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't ...My advice to PH would be simple ...get your tin hat and stab vest ready for next season, its going to be a long long road , all of which will be an uphill struggle..unless something drastically takes place in the board room and we see a change...be that change of attitude or change of ownership for that matter.....

the above is my opinion.... so to all those that offer nothing but abuse in their replies save your breath and time ...unless you've got a counter argument..

Am i being negative with my out look .....who knows ..mind you i cant be far wrong with my Views ..I only have to look around Oakwell and see all the empty seats to tell you something isnt right....but then again thats another question for another day

11. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The actions of the board? More likely the actions of the players who no longer wanted to play for us and wanted to chase the £££.

Xerxes and YTBFC like this.
  12. fit

I'm probably in a minority in liking Keith Hill, but I can't see how you can possibly say Hecky is a negative speaker yet praise Hill.

Keith Hill said it as it was with regard to the financial disparity at this level, in fact he upset some of our fan base to the point that they were willing him to fall on his sword.

Hecky is only saying the same type of things about what we're up against in this division.

It's not feeling sorry for himself or negative. It's how things really are.

I read the comments in the Chronicle about having to sell players and carrying a thin squad again, and was quite surprised that no one picked up on it on here. I suppose when we've just drawn at home and you're bitterly disappointed because things haven't lived up to your personal expectations, then that's the best time to rake over these things to help suit your agenda eh?

Might as well go the full hog.

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I only want best for BFC.
    Unlike Hill, Heckingbottoms at the club at a time where the club will have had the most income in i'd ever imagined.

14. fit

Yeah we're loaded now. Hecky should stop moaning and get us into the prem without further ado.

No excuses!

Extremely Northern likes this.
  15. fit

If the "best" ever happened for BFC, you'd still find summat to belly ache about.

16. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think about it fitz. Hill had our best player leave for 500k I think it was. PH got that times 10 as an extra for a player he never had in Stones plus 5 million for Mawson.....

17. fit

That money doesn't go into Heckingbottoms pocket.

He has a budget and has to do as he's told by his employers.

Besides that, it doesn't nearly bridge the gap between what we and other clubs can pay for players and wages.

18. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hill used to bang on and on about fincances to the point where I wouldn't want to listen to him anymore. Between that and LJ talking rubbish, Hecky says it like it is and that's refreshing to me.

Just because we've sold some players for £££ recently doesn't mean that Heckingbottom suddenly has a massive transfer budget and we should be competing with within this division. We sign players and develop them to be better with team ethic and effort, we aren't gonna go out and sign players for millions.

Django, Jimmy viz and fitzytyke2 like this.
  19. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No he didnt

20. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Amazing sidestepping. Politics needs you, Phil. Give Corbyn a ring, he'll get a landslide!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk