Following Brexit and Trump

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by e-red, Jan 21, 2017.

1. e-red

e-red Well-Known Member

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Heard it all many times....it's one persons view , many people do not agree . Picking Switzerland and China out as an example , the smallest , richest country in the world v the largest is not the best example but despite the lady's suggestion that it's a bad deal for Switzerland .

"In May 2013, during his official visit to the alpine nation, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang signed the first free trade agreement between the two countries worth more than 26 billion. Direct exports from Switzerland to China account for 22.8 billion in that deal, which was heralded as a "real milestone" by then Swiss President Ueli Maurer. Switzerland has a positive trade balance with China, and both countries are expected to profit from export guarantees, protection of intellectual property and financial cooperations between their largest banks.[5] Switzerland thus became the first continental European country[6] and the largest economy to conclude a free trade deal with China "

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That same message came out in one form or another several times during the campaign and there were other contrasting messages from people who have a different opinion. Personally I don't agree with her, I think she is wrong and I think her argument is flawed but I'm sure many will agree with her. Either way these details are not new.

4. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  5. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why do China need to do a trade deal with us anyway , they already own a lot of our infrastructure and what they don't other nations own . We will become the tax haven in Europe the 1% ers want to create . They are putting the grate back in Britain