Football makes me angry

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Sep 26, 2017.

1. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not saying it did, I'm saying Hecky had to sell players worth well over £10m and replace them on the cheap. It's crazy to expect us to be anywhere near as good as we were last season at this point in time.

2. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemmsy or Steve Bannon?

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you look at net spend (and wage bill as a % of income) it will be one of the cheapest - if not the cheapest - squads we have had.

What you need to get your head around is that the manager does not have a 100% say on recruitment and he has to work within the constraints of the plan. We have always had constraints in the past, but the problem Hecky has is that the club will not deviate from this plan. We will not sign any players with Championship experience and it is clear to me we need three to four. Hecky's challenge is to turn tripe like Moncur, Potts, Jackson, Friars et al into Championship standard players as soon as possible. For them to be flogged. And repeat. Not a challenge I'd want.

4. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sick of the same people coming out with the same excuses.

Reality every clubs sells players. EVERY CLUB IN THE ENGLISH SYSTEM. Clubs progress sell buy and progress with improvement if you have a good manager. When you see that the manager/ head coach isn't taking you forward you get rid and get someone in. This might be unpopular to some but who cares. The club needs to keep moving forward.

Remember Nigel Adkins at Southampton. The fans loved him, they sang Nigel atkins's name around st mary's week in week out. But the owners spotted be wasn't going to take them forward. That's the one and only aim for a football club. So they sacked him. Some fans didn't like it, Media thought it was strange and I bet some on here thought the same. But The owners of SFC wanted progression so they took the hit in popularity and those backwards thinking people saying you'll end up back in the champ or even worse league one.

That extremely unpopular decision worked out the best decision Southampton football club could have made.

5. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Football might make you angry, but you have to remember that the incidence of heart attacks and premature death among football supporters rises after a poor result. So, relax, calm down, chill out, or whatever you need to do. Otherwise you'll end up in ground younger than you should be.

Sometimes you win games, other times you lose. Enjoy the good times, try to forget the bad ones before it kills you (literally).

6. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    But for every Southampton I will give you a Birmingham or countless examples where sacking the manager hasnt made a substantial difference. And you dont know that Adkins couldnt have taken Southampton forwards either.

Most clubs dont sell or otherwise lose 6 or 7 of their best players in a calendar window either. - excluding loanees. Did you really think we would with a completely new team be charging up the table before the end of September - I didnt

There is way too much doom and panic on here considering at the moment

Didnt LJ lose 10 on the bounce with a team that wasnt all new but still turn it round ?

Connor, Red CB and Exile like this.
  7. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Yes! Also the same when Birmingham fans loved Gary Rowett and the owners sacked gim and got Zola in and then sacked him and got Redknapp in, who spent 20 odd million and has drastically improved them and now look at them.... Oh wait, something isnt quite right here is it?

Get real man.

Connor and Red CB like this.
  8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The owners of southern fried chicken?

9. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1 Southampton, It happened. They changed and things are looking up. Birmingham are a very different case to say everyone else because of the structure they have. The owners don't speak English and don't visit the UK. Think HR said they live in China. They have one person at the club that he can speak to then he speaks to the owners. In away Blackburn's similar.

Let's remember the teams that underachieved for me the most in the prem haven't changed the manager for 20 plus years. Chelsea are the most successful team in that period and Romans ruthless and i wish we had that at BFC. Spurs the same under levy. They have Hired and fired there way upto finishing second in the league from been a nice midtable team. Before anyone says it.They have loads of money to spent, well to those around them they have spent less that the others around them. Spurs make a mad amount, Bale Modric walker....... Chelsea the same over the last few years. 20 million profit on costa. 170 million in this year alone with the already mentioned costa Madrid move.

2. A lot of clubs have big turnaround in players. look at Huddersfield last season. 2/3 players in that starting 11 regulars the season before if that. They got the pillars right. Exploited the market in Germany and got great loans in. Goalkeeper tick. Centre backs tick. Billing and mooy CM tick Palmer AM tick Top striker tick. Work from that.

I actually think we have some good players and if played right would do madness but the tactics have destroyed any of that this season.

4 LJ had a plan. and whilst ever it was bad and it was I could see the light. We were just waiting to get out the tunel and the air would be fresh. He made the changes in the second transfer window and we moved on nicely. We've still not replaced some of those players though multi million of pounds later.

10. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At that level, Johnno had much better players than Hecky has. He was just bloody useless.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  11. man

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But I thought you were advocating ruthlessness? Surely we should have sacked him in that run?

12. man

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also if we were to sack Hecky now it would be beyond mental and I can't believe you're actually suggesting it.

13. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    QUOTE 4 LJ had a plan. and whilst ever it was bad and it was I could see the light. We were just waiting to get out the tunel and the air would be fresh. He made the changes in the second transfer window and we moved on nicely. We've still not replaced some of those players though multi million of pounds later. QUOTE

If LJ had a plan then perhaps he should have utilised it, or was the plan to draw everyone into a false sense of security after our worst run that I can remember then go on the counter! The only thing that moved on nicely was LJ!

Conan Troutman likes this.
  14. man

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/johnson-you-fecked-up-again.236140/

I can really see your faith in the plan here...

The Digby/Hourihane/Pearson comments are brilliant.

Farnham_Red, Orared and Sheriff like this.
  15. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Football also makes me angry... largely because of attitudes like this that obliterate any decency from the sport.

A man who lives, breathes the club and the town, who is as passionate as they come about the club. Not only this, but a man who took us to two Wembley victories in a handful of months then turned a side threatened with relegation to League 2 into Championship play-off contenders in less than a year. A thoroughly decent and genuine bloke who puts in an incredible amount of work to get things right. You are suggesting he should lose his job because he has lost a couple of games against teams with a budget to the power of five larger than ours?

Why are loyalty, respect and patience such an anathema to some?

16. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  17. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Southampton are a bigger club that has invested a massive amount of money in their version of the plan. Buying Ricky Lambert for example when they were in L1. Daft comparison. Brentford/Peterborough and Crewe much better examples.

Spurs are a massive team. With ridiculous amounts of money to spend. Daft comparison. Wigan or Blackburn or Notts County would be better comparators

Huddersfield again way out if our league financially. Daft comparison. Rotherham or ourselves when we got relegated much better comparison. The manager does not highlight players for signing the spreadsheet based on biometrics does that.

Lee Johnson was appaling during his time at Oakwell. The plan is not his it's the boards.

You don't seem to comprehend basic economics. Sell all your assets as a company and replace them with inferior assets your returns will diminish.

If Hecky keeps us up he should be given manager of the year. We are a L1 team on a L1 budget no amount of fancying with formations or line ups can hide that.

Baldrick and Extremely Northern like this.
  18. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

haha.

Lets make it clear. He's at Barnsley because he gets paid a lot of money.

Second whats this with he turned us around. He took over a ship going in the perfect direction. 6 wins in a row. Transfers done. Easy start.

I question the amount spent in the summer at the club. The proof was in the pudding and we are 4 players short minimum.

19. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Time to crush a grape youngun.

20. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Do you know his salary?

You think he is doing the job he loves just for money and nowt else ?

I actually still do not know if you are the.most naive person on the planet or the world's biggest piss taker.

MarioKempes likes this.