From the forest forum

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by mansfield_red, Jan 2, 2017.

1. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    il settle for everyone thinking we are rubbish. to be fair its not a new thing, we can keep under the radar and keep on winning.

2. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We don't understand the stature of their club according to one of their fans on twitter :)

3. Tow

Towouk New Member

Actually, they had a perfectly good goal disallowed just moments before our winner. Nonetheless, the best team (by not much more than a shade) won and on we march. I though Conor was pretty ineffective today until the goal....Scowen was the one pulling most of the creative strings. Williams and Hammill both put in good shifts (and sported stupid hairstyles!) and the back four were once again lucky several times in the game but came through with sheer endeavour. Winning is clearly a good habit.

4. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Such arrogance from supporters of a club who have done absolutely nothing for nigh on 15 years. An undeniably big club being awfully ran and with no immediate hope of any upturn in fortunes. And they're paying Bendtner. I'd rather be a us, in many ways.

5. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Don't think I've ever sat through a game where I've been so certain from start to finish that the other side aren't going to score, even if they played on until 2018.

The first half in particular was one of the most one-sided games I've seen in a long time and I was beginning to think we'd rue going in 0-0 at half-time until Conor's wonder strike.

Fair play to Forest for one thing though. The heating in their away dressing room must still be absolute world class to get Adam Davies fully thawed out for the second half in just 15 minutes. Thought the poor, lonely lad was going to catch hypothermia stood about with nowt to do in the first half.

6. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does the fact Brian Laws knows nowt surprise you?

It doesn't me.

7. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I listened to the very same interview on the way back.
    Driver turned up volume on coach and we were all laughing like mad at comments.
    They couldn't get the ball from us in the first half. We ran them ragged.
    Second half they came out and tried to up their game.
    Our back line dealt with everthing they threw at us.
    Hard to believe that last year, MacDonald and Jackson were playing for TORQUAY and HARTLEPOOL respectively.
    It was obvious that we could have nicked the game, not in the manner we eventually did, but we never gave up, cosses into the box weren't the best and Kent was struggling big time, eventually replaced by Watkins.
    Hecky never settles for a draw, we all know that.
    Introducing Sam and Marley and Armstrong , we were running at them and although they scored after a period of pressure , it was blown for offside and that was the wake up call needed.
    Straight back down the field and Conor's wonderstrike nabbed us all three points.
    The sweetest of moments against an old enemy.

Loved it !

8. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I prefer this post off their forum

""""Are you saps forgetting about the first half? Where they totally dominated? oh of course you have because you're sad little people who must try and find something positive when it's not there. Oooo we had a shot of target, we deserved something....clueless idiots."""""

at at least one of them as some sense lol