Gareth Southgate

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Conan Troutman, Nov 14, 2016.

1. sta

stanningtontyke Active Member

Business Development Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like to see ten performers like David Beckham against Greece in THAT game, or ten Stuart Pearce's in most of his!. All guts and determination, chase every ball even if it seems a lost cause, run around like bloody school kids if we have to, just show something different, a bit of heart, passion and desire to want to wear that shirt and make it your own. Get the ball forward quicker instead of letting the opponents set and then trying to break down ten men in front of you. Stop trying to create technical wizards, as we neither have the coaches or talent to do so.
    I have completely lost interest in England these days, but nothing will change until people vote with their feet and stop paying stupid prices to watch dross.

2. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our problem has always been the continual appointments of completely inept managers, we've always had and still do have the players to be at the very top table.

One man stands out above all to me to get the job and did in the summer but he's someone I could never see being appointed because its such a good fit and so simple that you know those retards wont be able to see it. Pochettino is that man. Someone who knows the English game and embraces its qualities. Plays a fast paced, high pressure, attacking game and has already worked with a lot of the England players in his time at Southampton and Tottenham. Go and get him, whatever it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's no way he'd take that job. He'll be wanting the Real or Barca job.

Don't think the FA can afford what top clubs can offer & he's very young to give up every day management

4. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Werent we paying Capello £6m a year 6 years ago? So with all the extra income these days im sure the FA could afford to go out and offer the right man £8/9m a year if needed. He's already said he'd like to manage England at some point, go and make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd go for Tony Pulis...

That man can wear a baseball cap & could hammer Ice Cube...

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure. Guardiola & Mourinho are on about £14m a year.

Pretty sure the FA have reduced what they pay the England manager these days