Gauthier

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Wiggy, May 6, 2018.

1. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See jay's post on this matter.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ganaye’s job was to get new signings in whilst following the recruitment strategy that Patrick Cryne had set up which was to develop young players into sellable assets.

As far as I can see Ganaye did his job as we signed about 15 players in the summer who nearly all fitted that description with the exception of loanees Williams & Gardner.

We were happy with him as he’d got most of them on 3 & 4 year deals.

If the players aren’t good enough then that surely falls at the recruitment team, or the guys that run the spreadsheet. The problem is no one really knows who does that role so everyone blames Ganaye or Heckingbottom.

I think a guy called Ben Mosely has a key role & James Cryne is involved as well.

On Morais, if he was Ganaye’s appointment then he deserves some blame but I’m not convinced he was, straight away he was at the Wednesday game watching.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised if his name came from Chien Lee who’d had him recommended whilst running Nice or maybe from one of the other owners.

I’d be very surprised if in a matter of days Ganaye had got Morais into the country & watching the Wednesday game off his own back when he’d just had new bosses appointed above him.

Sounds to me a case of a new owner saying ‘I know this guy who’ll do a job’ etc.

If Ganaye does stay in a job that probably proves he didn’t recommend him as if the new owners were unhappy as Ganaye had signed Morais then I’m sure they’d see it as a perfect opportunity to move him on & get their own chief exec in.

Skryptic, Xerxes, occook and 2 others like this.
  3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well it gets confusing. You posted three pretty ridiculous comments last night, then some reasonable ones this morning while admitting last night was a wind up. I don't get wind up humour I'm afraid but each to their own.

4. Glenn Tremble

Glenn Tremble Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was just to see how many would slate him to be fair but I shall only chip in with my real views on situations in future to avoid confusion.

Whilst I wouldn’t blame everything on GG, the January window (apart from McBurnie) and appointment of JM were subsequently an absolute disaster done on his watch and fans remembered him saying JM was their number one choice which only added more fuel to the fire and raised more questions about his position as CEO.

He is culpable for the mistakes made as are the previous regime and he absolutely has to get the next appointment correct with no room for error because the sword of Damocles is already at his neck and whilst many fans want to see Mick Mac installed, should that not happen he simply cannot bring in another manager that no-one has heard of just because they put the kettle on for a top manager as in the case of JM. Fingers crossed.

5. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd agree with a fair bit of that. As someone else stated..do we know if GG identifies targets or is just given the names and told to go and get them?
    Apart from McBurnie January was poor. Who knows how good or otherwise Knasmullner is? Why we bought a player not fit for action straight away is a mystery. I like Moore given where we are going to be playing next season. I also can't see how we could have had a brilliant transfer window given that no quality players were ever likely to want to join a relegation fight.
    Nevertheless, the appointment of the next manager needs to be a damn sight more successful than the last one. Whoever is in charge of recruitment from now on has a clean slate. No relegation threats. A competitive budget and the nucleus of a good team to add to. Whether it's Ganaye and/or the new manager it needs to be got right this time.

Glenn Tremble likes this.
  6. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    scarf, BobT, Xerxes and 2 others like this.
  7. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Hello ‍♂️

8. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    what an absolute tit

9. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder which way Grace hung?

10. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good Post, on the recruitment of players it could also be that the right players were identified but the coaching side failed to develop them.

11. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

One thing you’re missing here...... at what point might you also think that Ganaye was actually ‘appointed’ by Chien Lee anyway? Yes they didn’t own the club then - but I believe talks were ongoing at that time still. It might be the case that both Ganaye and Morais were appointed by Chien Lee.

Either way, we have to move on. Plenty of Chairman get managers wrong - it’s part of life. They don’t appoint crap candidates on purpose!

12. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It has crossed my mind but I think the gaps too big, I’d be surprised if Cryne took Ganaye on in the hope that a few months later Chien Lee would be allowed to buy the club

13. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was handed a menu to pick a dish or two whether he liked what was on offer or not, you`ll eat owt when yer hungry, so he ordered off the menu.

Last edited: May 10, 2018