Getting Fans Back In Stadiums

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ .. Bacteria as lived on the planet longer than we have.. and is not our enemy, In fact vital for our immune system...

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Lot of pressure will come from the clubs on this. As you say theatres and cinemas will be open are they are indoor.

3. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can see a lot of clubs having to offer season ticket refunds again if the measures are too draconian.

Be a lot of people chalking **** on it.

Esl lower gangway one you need to arrive at 1200 hours fetch your own snap. Remain in your seat unless it is absolutely nesscessary...

It wont be Covid that gets them but the bordeom.

Football isnt just about sitting in the freezing cold watching over paid prima donnas run about.

Its much more than that. Its a massive social aspect. Infact for a lot of people it might be their only real social interaction outside of the work place.

If people cant meet up, have that beer or coffee pre match chat, watch the early kick offs musing how sticky Leeds or Liverpool are then eventually the crowds will drop off. Especially in the colder months.

Everyone will just stay in a pub. Or at home.

Renewals will dive bomb.

For a virus that once you take the hysteria away is no where near as leathal as first suggested.

Jimmy viz and Redstone like this.
  4. Air

Airon c redscue Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whats the point in trying to make Oakwell germ/virus clear when we still have the west stand urinals!

Turbotyke and Wirral Red like this.
  5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    7 deaths announced today which is the lowest daily amount since around a week and a half before lockdown started. Around 300k tests carried out which because of targeting high risk areas and letting anyone have a test they are finding more asymtomatic carriers, which is a great thing as a test should have been open to anyone ages ago. Hopefully by the time next season comes around the daily figures will be low enough that the government look to allow more than the rumoured 25% return to stadiums.

Redstone and Redhelen like this.
  6. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've booked flights and hotel for Belgium v England in November. Hoping I'll get to the match but it's not looking promising the the moment.

7. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I think I posted earlier when this thread was first a thing, my main worry is about much the people around me cough and splutter. I sat there cringing quite a bit anyway, before this virus was even a thing. Some of the people have an all year round cough and sniffle, always blowing their noses and suchlike, there's not a chance I will be able to relax. Especially when I'm crammed in so tight people on both sides are almost in my seat with me.

GudjonFan likes this.
  8. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope I’m not one of the snifflers! I agree with you about the seating though. I hate being jammed in to a space that’s too small for comfort. It’s ironic that with the ground less than half full most games that so many of us cram together on the half way line. I’ve renewed my seat again but was considering not doing so until almost the last minute.

If the season starts with only a percentage allowed in who decides who can go? Say it’s 25% which is less than 6,000 seats. As we’ve supposedly sold more than that in season tickets who misses out?

Perhaps as well as all the other draconian measures being suggested we’ll all have to pre-book a slot. Without it no entry.

It’s just crazy, all of it.

9. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would think of those season ticket holders a fair few will be OAPS or shielding categories. Plus some will just think it's not worth the risk too.

10. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If for example 6,000 are allowed back then it should be the first 6,000 that renewed from the moment they went on sale.

11. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Would you consider not returning then if fans were allowed back or would it be based on the distancing measures in place? Basically I'm curious what it would take for you to feel safe?

12. RedKen-dal

RedKen-dal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why renewed? Why not those that bought latest given they paid most?
    Has to be a rota if not all ST holders fit.

13. rey

reytfan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What also needs to be considered is that fans don't just sit passively in their seats. They sing, chant,shout,swear,jump up and down,spreading droplets everywhere. Perfect environment for a virus to be transmitted. I believe the government's advisers are looking at all these aspects before making their final recommendations

JamDrop likes this.
  14. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, I didn’t mean you! I’m sure you must have heard people though. I’ve got quite a heightened sense of disgust generally (don’t like dirt, cringe when anyone does one of those really loud sneezes) and am quite sensitive to noises (people chewing, neighbours’ music, people sniffing etc.) so I probably exaggerate it in my head.

15. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not sure to be honest. I think I’m basing my feelings at the moment on case numbers and therefore the likelihood of someone around me having it as I’d presume that if someone does, I’d get it in a stadium. If cases are still medium-high (I don’t really know what I’m classing that as) then I wouldn’t be able to see my mam as she has to shield. I also work with special school students who come into my area of school at times and I can’t risk giving it to them. All this plays into my decision making, if it was just me affected I’d feel happier much sooner.

Redstone likes this.
  16. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You should look up Misophonia. I have it too :)

17. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I disagree with you on this. If only 6000 are allowed in then attendance should be shared out between the entire number of ST holders. Without the figures I can’t offer any accurate suggestion but, for example, we may all only be able to attend 17 out of the 23 games.
    It’s bonkers to just cut out 1000 ticket holders just because they didn’t renew as quickly as the first 6000.
    Hopefully the situation could improve as the season progresses (ie a vaccine becomes available) and that would likely allow everyone in anyway.

18. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Singing, shouting and chanting are among the highest risk behaviours for spreading COVID - particularly indoors, but even outdoors wouldn't be great.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See how bad the virus is then in about 10 days time given last Wednesday theres was a good 400 outside the Garrison celebrating like loons til the early hours...

20. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think of it like away tickets where those who put their money where their mouth is get first refusal. Nobody who pumped cash in to the club early on when they didn't know the league or if they would be able to go should be missing out so someone who's just renewed since staying up. Someone who's barely missed a game in 30+ years shouldn't be missing out for someone who's got a pass for next season for the first time in a few years.